Obama’s approval ratings up after Osama bin Laden’s death: PollsMay 4th, 2011 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 4(ANI): United States President Barack Obama’s approval ratings have increased since news broke out of Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden’s killing on Sunday, according to three new polls.
A Washington Post/Pew Research Center poll released on Tuesday has Obama’s approval rating at 56 percent, up nine points from surveys conducted in April, the Politico reports.
According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll, conducted on Monday, 52 percent of Americans said they approve of the President’s overall job performance, up from 51 percent in a poll conducted April 29-May 1, and from 48 percent in mid-April.
Meanwhile, a USA Today/Gallup poll found that 32 percent of those surveyed felt “a lot” more confident about Obama as commander-in-chief, while 21 percent said that bin Laden’s killing made them “a little” more confident in the President.
Obama had ordered a raid by a small team of US Special Forces, which found Laden, who had evaded capture for a decade, in a home in a fortified compound in Pakistan’s Abbottabad city.
Bin Laden, accused of being behind a number of atrocities, including the attacks on New York and Washington on 11 September 2001, was at the top of the US “most wanted” list. (ANI)
- Over five in ten Americans still view George W. Bush as unpopular: USA Today/Gallup Poll - Nov 11, 2010
- Obama's approval ratings shot up in two polls following 'Arizona shooting' speech - Jan 19, 2011
- Polls estimate Obama's approval among Americans at 50 percent - Mar 16, 2011
- 'Cranky and fickle' Independent voters may be turning back to Obama - Jan 24, 2011
- Obama's ratings decline with 43 percent Americans opposing Afghan war - Aug 04, 2010
- Over 5 out of 10 young Americans back Obama: Gallup Poll - Oct 05, 2010
- Only 13 percent of Americans polled approve of Congress - Dec 16, 2010
- Obama gets high approval rating in all states - Feb 24, 2011
- Obama approval rating drops in all states - Feb 24, 2011
- Obama's approval rating is at an all time new low - Aug 15, 2011
- Nearly five in ten American voters want Obama to run for president again - Oct 27, 2010
- Bush's job approval rating as President higher than Obama's: Poll - Dec 07, 2010
- Pakistan Taliban threaten US, Pak over Osama bin Laden's killing - May 02, 2011
- Obama, potential Republican rivals neck-and-neck in 2012 Presidential race - Feb 18, 2011
- Biden says secrecy of Osama raid plans 'absolutely amazing' - May 04, 2011
Tags: 11 september 2001, abbottabad, al qaeda, approval rating, approval ratings, april 29, atrocities, barack obama, cnn, commander in chief, gallup poll, may 1, opinion research corporation, osama bin laden, pew research center, pew research center poll, special forces, us most wanted list, usa today, washington post