Obama’s 49th b’day: home alone with grey hair and Winfrey, but no cakeAugust 5th, 2010 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Aug 5 (ANI): President Obama began his 49th birthday home alone in the White House, with more greying hair and ended it with a dinner with Oprah Winfrey- but without any cake.
While First Lady Michelle and daughter Sasha are off on a trip to Spain, daughter Malia is away at summer camp.
At a labor speech Wednesday, Obama’s union allies wanted to give him a cake, but the Secret Service nixed that because it hadn’t gotten a heads-up.
“I was disappointed there wasn’t a cake,” the New York Daily News quoted Obama as lamenting with a smirk.
Looking at a gaggle of Secret Service agents, the President joked: “They’re probably eating it right now.”
Later, Obama awarded the Citizens Medal to a dozen people, and then jetted off to Chicago with First Dog Bo for a private night of dining with Oprah Winfrey, Gayle King and three other close friends.
The group enjoyed a three-hour meal at Graham Elliot restaurant.
The First Family plans to reunite at a private birthday party Sunday night, an aide said. (ANI)
- Bachelor boy Obama goes without birthday - Aug 05, 2010
- How laughter keeps Michelle Obama's love life alive - Feb 14, 2011
- Shell out $30K to attend Obama's Chicago birthday bash - Jul 25, 2010
- Obama's daughters to do baby-sitting - Jul 24, 2010
- Michelle Obama reveals daughter's party clothes left President gulping! - Apr 19, 2011
- Michelle Obama attends Beyonce concert - May 27, 2012
- Michelle not to celebrate Obama's birthday - Jul 27, 2010
- President Obama Spends 49th Birthday Home Alone - Aug 04, 2010
- Obama bars daughters from Facebook - Dec 17, 2011
- Michelle Obama set to savour Spanish holiday with daughter - Aug 02, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey says on Kitty Kelley's book: This too shall pass - Apr 20, 2010
- John Corbett, Bo Derek Give Glance Of Their Private Life - Feb 04, 2011
- Obama to celebrate 49th birthday without family - Aug 01, 2010
- Michelle Obama, with daughters, skiing in Colorado - Feb 20, 2011
- Obama not invited to Chelsea Clinton's wedding (Lead) - Jul 29, 2010
Tags: allies, close friends, daughter sasha, first lady, gaggle, grey hair, greying hair, malia, new york daily news, obama, oprah winfrey, oprah winfrey gayle king, private birthday party, s union, secret service agents, smirk, summer camp, trip to spain, white house, york daily news