Obama undertakes two-day Poland visitMay 28th, 2011 - 7:24 am ICT by IANS
Warsaw, May 28 (IANS) US President Barack Obama arrived here late Friday on a two-day visit.
On Friday night, Obama attended a dinner with 20 Central and East European leaders who are holding the 17th central European summit hosted by Polish president Bronislaw Komorowski, Xinhua reported.
Before arriving at the Presidential Palace, Barack Obama laid flowers at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes.
On Saturday, Obama will hold talks with Komorowski and Prime Minister Donald Tusk on security and economic issues.
In the economic sphere, shale gas exploration and nuclear energy has obtained prominent place in Polish-American relations. Poland is interested in taking advantage of American experience and know-how in the extraction of shale gas.
On Saturday, Obama will meet with leaders of Poland’s major political parties and representatives of the families of victims of the April 10, 2010 crash of the presidential airplane.
He will leave Poland Saturday afternoon to return to the US after a tour which also took him to Ireland, Britain and France, where he attended Leaders of the Group of Eight (G8) summit.
- Poland to have new government in November - Oct 14, 2011
- Polish president plays down outside threats to Euro 2012 - May 17, 2012
- US missile deal was a mistake: Poland - Aug 05, 2012
- Czech leader says more European integration 'fatally wrong' - Oct 09, 2011
- No Euro 2012 boycott, says Polish PM - May 25, 2012
- Komorowski wins Polish presidential election (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Komorowski wins Polish presidential election - Jul 05, 2010
- Thousands pay homage to Polish plane crash victims - Apr 17, 2010
- Obama congratulates Komorowski in Polish election win - Jul 06, 2010
- Polish first lady may visit plane crash site - Jan 31, 2011
- Poland wants to build own missile defence - Aug 12, 2012
- Komorowski wins Poland presidential election (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Polish president slams hooliganism at Euro 2012 - Jun 15, 2012
- Komorowski to be inaugurated as Polish president - Aug 06, 2010
- Obama urges more pressure on Belarus' Lukashenko - May 29, 2011
Tags: american experience, barack obama, donald tusk, economic issues, economic sphere, european leaders, european summit, friday night, gas exploration, ghetto heroes, komorowski, nuclear energy, polish president, political parties, presidential airplane, saturday afternoon, shale gas, tomb of the unknown soldier, warsaw, xinhua