Obama takes to nicotine gum to kick the buttDecember 10th, 2010 - 12:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 10 (ANI): US President Barack Obama is working hard to get rid of his smoking habit and is chewing nicotine gum instead, said the White House.
Spokesman Robert Gibbs said he hasn’t come across any evidence of Obama smoking in probably nine months.
“This is not something that he’s proud of. He knows that it’s not good for him. He … doesn’t like children to know about it, obviously, including his,” the Telegraph quoted Gibbs as saying.
The U.S. surgeon asked the spokesman about the president’s smoking habit in the wake of a report General Regina Benjamin that said cigarette smoke causes immediate damage to a person’s lungs.”He understands its dangers, and I think has done a lot of extraordinary work to wrestle with that habit, as millions of Americans have,” Gibbs added.
He further stated that he believes Obama is still chewing nicotine gum to relieve the desire for tobacco and the president’s last physical examination in February said he needed to continue tobacco cessation efforts. (ANI)
- Now a helpline to quit tobacco - May 29, 2012
- Want to quit smoking? Get professional help - Jan 04, 2011
- 'Surgeon General' Voices That Just One Cigarette Can Harm The Body By Engendering Deadly Ailments - Dec 10, 2010
- Gibbs Claims Obama Hasn't Smoked in 9 Months - Dec 29, 2010
- Obama finally kicks the butt, 'hasn't smoked for 9 months' - Dec 29, 2010
- Doctors launch campaign for a tobacco-free Bangalore (May 31 is World No Tobacco Day) - May 30, 2011
- US Surgeon General: 'Just one cigarette can also cause harm' - Dec 10, 2010
- Obama said 'yes, we can' - and quit smoking - Dec 10, 2010
- US President Barack Obama has not smoked in a year - Feb 09, 2011
- Jessica Simpson is addicted to nicotine chewing gum - May 02, 2010
- 'Drink green tea, kick the butt' - Aug 25, 2012
- Just One Cigarette Can Harm, Report By U.S. Surgeon General Reveals - Dec 10, 2010
- Obama struggling with smoking 'addiction' every day, admits White House - Jun 13, 2009
- Johnson & Johnson launches nicotine gum in India - Dec 20, 2010
- e-cigarettes damaging lungs? - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: barack obama, butt, cessation efforts, cigarette smoke, desire, london, lungs, nicotine, nicotine gum, nine months, physical examination, regina, robert gibbs, smoking habit, telegraph, tobacco cessation, white house, white house spokesman