Obama staging comeback in the eyes of American people, finds new pollDecember 21st, 2010 - 4:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 21(ANI): A new poll suggests that United States’ President Barack Obama may be staging a comeback in the eyes of the American people.
According to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll, 48 percent of Americans now say that they approve of how Obama is handling his job, while 48 percent disapprove.
The disapproval number is the lowest it has been since May, when it was 46 percent in the same poll.
His disapproval rating reached as high as 54 percent in September, and clocked in at 50 percent in November.
Opinion Research Corp. surveyed 1,008 adults by phone from December 17 to 19.
The margin of error was three percentage points. (ANI)
- Polls estimate Obama's approval among Americans at 50 percent - Mar 16, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings shot up in two polls following 'Arizona shooting' speech - Jan 19, 2011
- Four in ten GOP members believe Obama was born in another country - Aug 05, 2010
- 62 percent of Americans oppose military strikes against Gaddafi's forces until no-fly zone fails - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Cranky and fickle' Independent voters may be turning back to Obama - Jan 24, 2011
- 52 percent Americans say Obama doesn't deserve re-election: CNN poll - Feb 17, 2010
- Obama slightly ahead of Romney in poll of polls - Jul 06, 2012
- Obama's ratings rise but still struggling to sell economic policies, find new polls - Feb 10, 2011
- Obama's approval rating increases to 46 percent in new Fox News poll - Sep 04, 2010
- American optimism surges tot nearly a four-year high - Jan 26, 2011
- Only 13 percent of Americans polled approve of Congress - Dec 16, 2010
- Support for Obama hits new low point: Survey - Dec 15, 2011
- US not too fond of Pakistan: Poll - May 28, 2011
- Obama job rating slips into negative territory again: Fox Poll - May 21, 2010
- Americans evenly divided over Bush vs Obama - Oct 09, 2010