Obama says dating Sasha and Malia “will be an issue”May 19th, 2009 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 19 (ANI): Barack Obama may be the US President, but when it comes to daughters Sasha and Malia, he’s like any other “worried” father.
“Now, I worry about them when they’re teenagers where, you know, you’re already embarrassed about your parents and even more embarrassed on TV all the time,” US magazine quoted him, as telling Newsweek.
“And dating I think will be an issue because I have men with guns surrounding them at all times,” he said, laughing, “which I’m perfectly happy with, but they may feel differently about it.”
Obama also credited his daughters’ temperament and wife Michelle’s “unbelievable parenting skills” with easing Sasha and Malia’s transformation into the nation’s First Daughters.
Still, he knows things may get more awkward as Malia, 10, and Sasha, 7, get a bit older.
He said: “The nice thing is that, partly because of temperament, partly because of Michelle [Obama]’s unbelievable parenting skills, I’ve just got some happy, normal kids.
“And all that stuff that’s going on around them, they just kind of miss. We have not seen any effects, any fishbowl effects, yet on them.”
He added: “The truth of the matter is that the campaign was the equivalent of me being the frog in the saucepan of water and the temperature slowly being turned up. By the time the inauguration had taken place, we had pretty much gotten accustomed to it.” (ANI)
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Michelle Obama reveals daughter's party clothes left President gulping! - Apr 19, 2011
- Obama's daughters to do baby-sitting - Jul 24, 2010
- Obama coaches daughter Sasha's basketball team while she goes skiing - Feb 20, 2011
- Parents back Michelle Obama's 'Facebook ban on her daughters' - Feb 11, 2011
- Michelle Obama wants to visit India again - Feb 02, 2011
- Michelle Obama branded a 'hypocrite' for 'eating ribs on ski vacation' - Feb 22, 2011
- Michelle Obama attends Beyonce concert - May 27, 2012
- Michelle Obama urges Brazilian youth to build friendships 'around the world' - Mar 20, 2011
- Beckham sends box of underwear to Obama - Jul 21, 2012
- Barack talks me through stressful time: Michelle Obama - Apr 08, 2010
- President Obama not invited to Chelsea Clinton's wedding - Jul 29, 2010
- Shell out $30K to attend Obama's Chicago birthday bash - Jul 25, 2010
- Obama shoots hoops with basketball stars on b'day - Aug 09, 2010
- Beyonce dedicates "Single Ladies" to Obama girls - Jun 26, 2009
Tags: barack obama, fishbowl, frog, inauguration, malia, men with guns, michelle obama, newsweek, nice thing, parenting skills, parents, sasha, saucepan, teenagers, temperament, transformation, truth of the matter, wife michelle