Obama reads “role model” Ronald Reagan’s biography on holidayJanuary 4th, 2011 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 4 (ANI): US President Barack Obama, who is celebrating his Christmas and New Year holiday with wife Michelle and two daughters in Hawaii, has reportedly devoted time reading the biography of one of his predecessors Ronald Reagan.
According to The Telegraph, among the 12 books in the President’s luggage was Reagan’s biography of one of his predecessors.
Obama might have been trying to compare a certain situation in his political career to that of Reagan by reading his biography ‘The Role of a Lifetime’ written by Lou Cannon 20 years back.
Reagan, who was known as the great communicator and a beloved icon of the Tea Party movement, shares certain common phenomenon with Obama. Both presidents suffered economic recessions and high national unemployment at the beginning of their White House careers, and both presided over serious losses in their first mid-term elections.
While Reagan managed to weather the storm and win a second term, Obama will be hoping the same in the 2012 presidential elections.
“Like Obama, Reagan greatly valued his privacy and was not naturally gregarious,” noted Bradley Bloch on The Huffington Post, adding that Mr Reagan was a master of “the personal relationship”.
“As Obama looks to get his groove back, Reagan may be his most accessible role model.” He added.
Obama reportedly devoted much time to surfing and hanging out at the beach, reading books, and playing golf while on a 12 day holiday with his family in Oahu. (ANI)
- Obama to read Ronald Reagan biography during Hawaii vacation - Dec 24, 2010
- Reagan on Obama's holiday reading list (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- Michael Reagan Refutes Brother's Claim That His Father Had Alzheimer - Jan 18, 2011
- Nancy Reagan was "de facto chief of staff" throughout Ronald's stint at White House - Feb 02, 2011
- 'Reagan's place in history as a tax cutter nothing more than false mythology' - Feb 05, 2011
- Ron Reagan Speaks About Father Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's Disease In His New Book - Jan 15, 2011
- Reagan's adopted son trashes filmmaker's documentary, says 'Gipper's' legacy has been hijacked - Feb 22, 2011
- Obama's approval rating continues to dip as US nears midterm elections - Aug 07, 2010
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- How becoming the President of America is the gateway to a fortune - Feb 23, 2011
- Reagan's children feel no Republican can claim their father's political legacy - Feb 10, 2011
- Michael Reagan calls half-brother Ron an 'embarrassment' - Jan 17, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Nancy Reagan loves 'My Father at 100', says Ron Reagan - Jan 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin To Give Keynote Address To Mark Ronald Reagan's 100th Birth Anniversary - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: accessible role, barack obama, beach reading, beloved icon, economic recessions, great communicator, huffington post, lou cannon, mid term elections, personal relationship, playing golf, political career, predecessors, presidential elections, reading books, role model, role of a lifetime, ronald reagan, tea party, wife michelle