Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: PollJanuary 21st, 2011 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 21 (ANI): US President Barack Obama is ahead of over four potential 2012 presidential Republican contenders, according to a Public Policy Polling.
This is a sharp contrast to an earlier poll conducted just after the mid-term poll in November 2010.
The Politico quoted the poll as saying that former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney remains one of the most competitive Republicans against Obama, trailing 43 percent to 48 percent. Obama had a point edge over Romney in November.
Obama has also secured advantages against former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, than he had in November. In the latest poll, he is leading over Huckabee by five points, Gingrich by 12 points and Palin by 17 points.
More voters view all four Republicans unfavourably than favourably, according to the poll. But echoing other surveys, Huckabee is the most liked, with 38 percent having an unfavourable opinion of him and 37 percent having a favourable view.
Two polls earlier this week showed Obama’s approval ratings surpassing 50 percent following his response to the Tucson shootings. (ANI)
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Romney, Huckabee are Republican Party's best White House bet - Feb 07, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Romney pips Palin to win survey on 2012 US Presidential polls - Sep 02, 2010
- Obama leads all potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,