Obama leads all potential 2012 Republican challengers: PollJune 12th, 2010 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 12(ANI): A new poll has revealed that U.S. President Barack Obama holds an edge over each of his potential Republican challengers in 2012.
Obama’s Republican challengers for 2012 include former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
According to a Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey, Obama runs ahead of the lot with 46 percent of the vote, while Huckabee runs closer than any other Republican in the field with 44 percent votes followed by Romney with 42.
Senator John McCain, Obama’s 2008 rival, is the third top opponent for the president, drawing 42 percent support, but trailing Obama by 7 percentage points.
“Obama is certainly weaker than in November 2008 since Huckabee and Romney do better against him than John McCain did, but continuing to lead all his potential opponents in this political climate isn’t bad,” Politico quoted Tom Jensen, PPP Director, as having written on his blog.
The poll was conducted from June 4 to 7 with a margin of error of 3.8 percentage points. (ANI)
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Obama's popularity rising, Palin's falling for 2012 Presidential elections: Poll - Dec 29, 2010
Tags: arkansas governor mike huckabee, barack obama, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former house speaker newt gingrich, governor mike huckabee, governor mitt romney, house speaker newt gingrich, john mccain, margin of error, massachusetts governor, mccain obama, mike huckabee, mitt romney, new poll, newt gingrich, political climate, republican challengers, senator john mccain, speaker newt gingrich, tom jensen