Obama is the biggest ever assassination target in American historyJanuary 20th, 2009 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 20 (ANI): Barack Obama, who will become the 44th President of the US today, is the biggest ever assassination target in American history.
According to the Daily Star, the 47-year-old has taken the responsibility of doing the most important job in the world, which is to save the global economy from meltdown, but it is also the most dangerous.
He will enter the White House as the first black president knowing that white supremacists have vowed to kill him.
And therefore, security-surrounding Obama has been stepped up.
CIA chiefs are throwing a ring of steel around his inauguration to make sure he does not meet the same fate as assassinated 1960s president John F Kennedy.
They have turned Washington DC into an impenetrable fortress for the historic ceremony. It will be guarded by 45,000 soldiers, police, secret agents and National Guards.
Jet fighters will also be on standby for the ceremony.
Obama will be protected behind bullet-proof glass and ride in a bomb-proof limo with the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis and al-Qaida all gunning for him.
US military leaders have tried to cater for every possible type of terror strike from a gunman to a chemical attack.
Intelligence chiefs, who have reported a huge increase in threats running up to inauguration day, have placed snipers on every rooftop around Washing-tons Lincoln Memorial and Capitol Hill, where Obama will deliver his first speech as US head of state.
Leaders of the racist KKK have issued a call for members to wear black armbands and fly the US flag upside down in protest at him taking office.
And FBI assistant director Joe Persichini confirmed the white supremacy movement is itching to take out Obama.
We have seen a lot of chatter. We have seen a lot of discussions and we have seen some information via the Internet, Persichini said. (ANI)
- White supremacists under the scanner ahead of Obama swearing-in - Jan 17, 2009
- Racism in Australia gets similar to United States' Deep South: Johnny Lee Clary - Mar 15, 2011
- Black Man charged for sending 'KKK warning' - Apr 11, 2011
- Governor Haley Barbour is not going to condemn the KKK license plate proposal - Feb 17, 2011
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- Obama might become target of violent attack by American racists - Aug 11, 2008
- Ice cream shop in Florida confuses customers with its choice of mascot - Sep 28, 2011
- Ted Kennedy Received Death Threats In His Lifetime - Jun 15, 2010
- Klan Snowman With A Noose Offends Idaho Home's Neighbors - Dec 03, 2010
- Who are white supremacists? - Jun 11, 2009
- Dorm Named After Simkins, A KKK Member! - Jul 12, 2010
- Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers' assassinations: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- Olga Segura, Hector Jimenez shine in `White Knight' - Aug 17, 2011
- Colour and ceremony as President Pranab takes office (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Tradition meets pomp as Pranab sworn in president (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: 44th president, black armbands, bomb proof, bullet proof glass, cia chiefs, fbi assistant director, first black president, impenetrable fortress, inauguration day, jet fighters, ku klux klan, lincoln memorial, london jan, national guards, neo nazis, president john f kennedy, ring of steel, supremacy movement, target, white supremacists