Obama is Americas No. 1 hero, not JesusFebruary 20th, 2009 - 12:25 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, February 20 (ANI): US President Barack Obama has beaten Jesus Christ to be Americans number one hero, according to a new Harris poll.
The top 10 list based on the poll showed Obama at number one position, Christ at number two, and Martin Luther King at number three.
Wrapping up the top five Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.
They were followed by Abraham Lincoln, John McCain, John F. Kennedy, Chesley Sullenberger, and Mother Teresa in the same order.
The online survey involved 2,634 US adults, reports the Chicago Sun-Times.
The news report said that those surveyed were asked whom they admired enough to call their heroes, but were not shown any list of people to choose from.
In a Harris Poll conducted in 2001, Jesus Christ was the hero mentioned most often, followed by Martin Luther King, Colin Powell, John F. Kennedy and Mother Teresa.
Bush was rated 19th at the time, but the latest list shows him to be on number five.
John McCain, who was not in the top 20 in 2001, is presently number seven.
Mother Teresa, who was number 5 in 2001, is now number 10.
Americans top 10 heroes are:
1.Barack Obama 2.Jesus Christ 3.Martin Luther King 4.Ronald Reagan 5.George W. Bush 6.Abraham Lincoln 7.John McCain 8.John F. Kennedy 9.Chesley Sullenberger 10.Mother Teresa (ANI)
- Obama, Hillary Clinton again top most admired list - Dec 28, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Americans rate Ronald Reagan as best-ever US President - Feb 19, 2011
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- Ronald Reagan to grace the $50 bill? - Mar 04, 2010
- Poll ranks Obama as the 15th best president of US - Jul 02, 2010
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Gandhi, Dalai Lama among world's top icons: Time - Feb 06, 2011
- Gandhi, Akbar among world's top icons: Time (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 06, 2011
- New book spills the beans about saucy details on US Presidents' lives - Aug 03, 2009
- Bush's job approval rating as President higher than Obama's: Poll - Dec 07, 2010
- Taylor Swift visits military cemetery - Aug 05, 2011
- Obama's approval rating levels out in the low 50s - Sep 30, 2009
- Apology over newspaper advert calling for Barack Obama's assassination - May 30, 2009
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
Tags: abraham lincoln, barack obama, chesley, chicago sun times, colin powell, george w bush, harris poll, hero, heroes, jesus christ, john f kennedy, john mccain, lincoln, martin luther king, mother teresa, news report, number seven, online survey, report said that, ronald reagan