Obama is a communist: Victoria JacksonFebruary 24th, 2011 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 24 (ANI): Comedian/actress Victoria Jackson, who has become a voice in the national political conversation, had called US President Barack Obama a communist.
Jackson, 51, who has been making waves in the political world since the national emergence of the Tea Party in 2009, admits she had little interest in or knowledge of politics before the election of President Obama.
“In my 20s, Reagan was president. I felt secure. I didn’t have to vote,” CBS News quoted her as writing in an article for Big Hollywood.
“I only woke up because we elected a communist,” She told CNN during the Conservative Political Action Conference.
But for someone who professes to have little knowledge about politics, she does not hesitate to voice her opinions.
“Progressive is the new word for communist. It’s the same goal as government control of everything and it’s very obvious that Obama is trying to do that,” she had said on a March 2010 episode of Fox and Friends.
At this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference Jackson was on the scene selling copies of her new album. One of her songs is titled, ‘There’s a Communist Living in the White House’. (ANI)
- Reagan's children feel no Republican can claim their father's political legacy - Feb 10, 2011
- 'If I make 2012 White House bid, it will be with thick skin and steel spine,' says Palin - Feb 06, 2011
- Sarah Palin not like my dad at all, says Ronald Reagan's son - Feb 05, 2011
- Nancy Reagan stumbles at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library - Aug 24, 2011
- Republican Party should absorb the Tea Party: Palin - Feb 07, 2010
- Republicans must try to aspire for Reagan mantle: Palin - Feb 06, 2011
- Wall Street protests taking on a political hue - Oct 23, 2011
- Obama reads "role model" Ronald Reagan's biography on holiday - Jan 04, 2011
- Rep. Michelle Bachmann opens CPAC (conservative political action conference) - Feb 11, 2011
- How good are Obama's chances to win a second term? - Apr 05, 2011
- 'Regan-heir' Palin speaks on her electability as US president in 2012 - Oct 11, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Obama support slips; Hillary Clinton most popular - Sep 17, 2011
- Bob Woodward says Hillary Clinton as VP is 'on the table' - Oct 06, 2010
- Gingrich finally calls it quits (Lead) - May 03, 2012
Tags: actress, barack obama, cbs, cbs news, cnn, comedian, communist, conservative political action conference, emergence, fox and friends, government control, hollywood, little knowledge, new album, political conversation, reagan, tea party, victoria jackson, waves, white house