Obama “hell-bent” on weakening America: Sarah PalinJanuary 8th, 2011 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 8 (ANI): Sarah Palin, a possible Republican contender for the 2012 presidential bid, is of the opinion that US President Barack Obama is “hell-bent on weakening America” by pushing to raise the national debt ceiling.
“What I believe that Obama is doing right now - he is hell-bent on weakening America,” Politico quoted Palin, as saying.
The former Alaska Governor also accused Obama of intentionally trying to harm the country and acknowledged that her stinging comments might “get some people all wee-weed up again.”She stressed that in 2006, the then-Senator Obama had “said it is a sign of failed leadership to support raising the debt ceiling, and now he is doing exactly that. He understood that debt weakened America, domestically and internationally, and yet now he supports increasing debt.”
Earlier this week, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said that the outcome of the 2006 vote to hike the ceiling was never in doubt and that the “full faith and credit” of the Government was not endangered by Obama’s vote against raising the debt limit.
Obama used the vote “to make a point about needing to get serious about fiscal discipline,” Gibbs added.
Earlier, Obama had proposed boosting the debt limit beyond the current 14.3 trillion dollars, which many Republicans oppose without major spending cuts. (ANI)
- Clash of opinion between McCain-Palin over Obama's role as US President - Jan 16, 2011
- Palin likens herself to Shakespeare with newly coined word 'refudiate' - Jul 19, 2010
- Deal reached with Republicans on raising debt ceiling: Obama - Aug 01, 2011
- US President gives a 36-hr 'debt deficit' deadline to the US Congress - Jul 18, 2011
- Obama cuts a debt deal with Congress (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Obama signs historic debt deal to avoid default - Aug 03, 2011
- US House passes historic debt deal (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Obama signs deal to avoid catastrophic US default (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Boehner & Reid working on debt plans - Jul 26, 2011
- Liberal media paints debt deal as Obama's capitulation - Aug 01, 2011
- Congress leaders scramble to sell debt deal (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Obama to do bus trip to 'connect' with ordinary Americans - Aug 13, 2011
- Obama touts possible bipartisan pact on debt limit - Jul 20, 2011
- US House of Representatives passes debt-limit bill - Aug 02, 2011
- Failure to raise debt limit could trigger slump: Obama - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: alaska governor, barack obama, debt limit, doubt, faith, fiscal discipline, full faith and credit, hell, national debt ceiling, press secretary, republican contender, republicans, robert gibbs, sarah palin, secretary robert, senator obama, trillion, weed, white house, white house press