Obama effect makes Broadway show become a huge hit among New YorkersJune 2nd, 2009 - 12:32 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 2 (ANI): The Obama effect was once again visible when just a day after the U.S. First Couple saw ‘Joe Turner’s Come and Gone’ in New York, patrons flocked to watch the Broadway show on Sunday.
While an average of just 65 per cent of seats at the show were filled were filled a week ago, there were just a few balcony seats remaining for Sunday’s matinee.
The line for tickets stretched out the door an hour before the 3 p.m. performance.
“I really respect him (Obama). I think he’s got good instincts. If he likes it, I’m going to like it,” the New York Daily News quoted one Roz McCarthy, 59, of Norwalk, Conn., as saying.
Some theatregoers wished they were not a day late to catch a glimpse of Barack and Michelle.
“I said, ‘Shoot, I should have got Saturday night tickets,’” said one Gayle Jones, 54, of Somerset, N.J.
Down in Greenwich Village, tables started filling up early in the evening at Blue Hill, the restaurant where the President and First Lady had enjoyed their pre-theatre meal. (ANI)
- Kathleen Turner's Broadway show to close after just 8 performances - Apr 28, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy loves Botox - Apr 28, 2012
- McCarthy's son misses Carrey - Jun 07, 2012
- Jason Toohey Dating Jenny McCarthy - Oct 18, 2010
- McCarthy parties following split - Aug 20, 2012
- Oprah owned mansion to be rented out for $24,500 monthly - Apr 15, 2011
- Actor Kevin McCarthy Dies At 96 - Sep 13, 2010
- Record Of The Highest Attendance At A Super Bowl Not Established On Sunday As A Result Of Construction Problems - Feb 07, 2011
- Steven Seagal once asked Jenny McCarthy to strip - Apr 17, 2010
- Is Jim Carrey Dating Indian model Anchal Joseph? - Jan 22, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy took therapy after split with Jim Carrey. - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Running away from problems' may help you achieve work-life balance - Mar 31, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy splits from boyfriend - Aug 17, 2012
- Jenny McCarthy opts for online dating - Nov 22, 2011
- I'm 'kind of upset' that I don't have my own sex tape, says Jenny McCarthy - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: balcony seats, broadway show, conn, first lady, glimpse, greenwich village, instincts, joe turner, mccarthy, new york daily news, new yorkers, norwalk, patrons, saturday night, somerset, york daily news