Obama donors can enter raffle for dinner with Eva LongoriaDecember 23rd, 2011 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Dec 23 (IANS/EFE) Actress Eva Longoria says she will have dinner and an “intimate conversation” on how to help US President Barack Obama win reelection in 2012 with the winners of a raffle which people can enter by making at least a small contribution to his reelection campaign.
Longoria discussed her dinner pledge in an email sent out Thursday by Obama’s reelection campaign to millions of Democratic voters nationwide within the framework of the president’s fundraising drive for the 2012 contest.
“In 2008, like so many of you, I dedicated a lot of my time to help Barack Obama win the presidency,” the message begins.
“Now, with 2012 around the corner, I wanted to get ready for the next election by sitting down for an intimate conversation with supporters like you to talk politics and the role we’ll play to win the 2012 election,” Longoria says.
The only condition for qualifying to be in the running to win the dinner with the star of the popular television series “Desperate Housewives” is to donate $3 or “whatever you can” to Obama’s reelection campaign.
With that small donation, a voter will be automatically be entered in a five-ticket raffle, and the lucky winners will be able to dine with Longoria and speak with her in person and also with the chair of the Democratic National Committee, Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz of Florida.
Longoria also said that she hoped the winners of the raffle would share their ideas and priorities for 2012 with and Wasserman-Schultz “whether it has to do with health care, immigration, education, or jobs”.
On the Obama campaign’s Web page, Longoria also notes that over the past four years she has had the chance to speak with Obama about immigration reform and topics of interest for women and children in the US.
In September, Longoria also participated in a $35,000 per couple private fundraising dinner with Obama in Los Angeles.
- Clooney to dine with lucky fans - Apr 21, 2012
- Obama gets Hollywood backing at star-studded event - May 12, 2012
- Keeping immigrant families together is critical: Michelle - Jul 17, 2012
- Romney collects more money than Obama in May - Jun 08, 2012
- Obama poll campaign raises $29 mn in January - Feb 18, 2012
- Bill Clinton book hails Obama anti-crisis measures - Nov 06, 2011
- Lawmaker arrested in immigration protest at White House - Jul 28, 2011
- Obama attends historic Washington church on Easter - Apr 25, 2011
- How good are Obama's chances to win a second term? - Apr 05, 2011
- Stefani to host Obama fundraiser with Michelle - Jul 05, 2012
- Obama repeats promise of immigration reform - Jul 26, 2011
- Obama campaign reaches out to Indian Americans - Feb 24, 2012
- Bill Clinton fires up the Democrats for Obama - Sep 06, 2012
- US had 11.5 mn undocumented immigrants in 2011 - Mar 26, 2012
- Obama considering moving 2012 Presidential election campaign base to Chicago - Dec 28, 2010
Tags: actress, barack obama, committee rep, debbie wasserman schultz, democratic national committee, democratic voters, desperate housewives, donors, eva longoria, fundraising dinner, fundraising drive, immigration reform, intimate conversation, lucky winners, pledge, presidency, private fundraising, reelection campaign, television series, ticket raffle