Obama could be returning to Chicago soonJanuary 29th, 2009 - 8:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 29 (ANI): President Barack Obama, who has acknowledged his admiration for former President Abraham Lincoln and was sworn in using the Lincoln Bible, could return to Illinois to celebrate famous Abes 200th birthday.
Officials have declined to comment on Obamas February schedule, but one source said Obama could return during Presidents Day weekend, when daughters Sasha and Malia have a three-day break from school, The Chicago Tribune reported.
The trip could mark Obamas first trip aboard Air Force One, which usually lands at OHare Airport.
To avoid snarling Chicagos already crazy traffic, officials have considered flying Obama via helicopter to a helipad near his South Side home, the report said. (ANI)
- Obama to celebrate 49th birthday without family - Aug 01, 2010
- Obama's grass widower days over with a birthday bash (Lead) - Aug 09, 2010
- Obama shoots hoops with basketball stars on b'day - Aug 09, 2010
- President Obama Spends 49th Birthday Home Alone - Aug 04, 2010
- Home alone, Obama has a bachelor party - Aug 09, 2010
- Obama's 49th b'day: home alone with grey hair and Winfrey, but no cake - Aug 05, 2010
- President Of United States Barack Obama To Mark Memorial Day At Lincoln Cemetery - May 31, 2010
- Shell out $30K to attend Obama's Chicago birthday bash - Jul 25, 2010
- Michelle not to celebrate Obama's birthday - Jul 27, 2010
- Critics question Obama's priorities as heads for second vacation after oil spill - May 28, 2010
- Donner Party Documents Found With Lincoln's Handwriting - Jul 21, 2010
- Forty planes, six armoured cars to join Obama on India trip - Oct 31, 2010
- US copper thieves steal sword at Abraham Lincoln's tomb - Nov 14, 2011
- Obama's daughters to do baby-sitting - Jul 24, 2010
- How laughter keeps Michelle Obama's love life alive - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: abraham lincoln, admiration, air force one, barack obama, bible, chicago tribune, crazy traffic, day break, first trip, former president, helicopter, helipad, jan 29, lincoln, malia, president abraham lincoln, presidents day, presidents day weekend, sasha, traffic officials