Obama congratulates new Philippine presidentJune 10th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, June 10 (IANS) US President Barack Obama spoke to Benigno Aquino III and offered congratulations on his election as the Philippines’ 15th president.
Obama Wednesday “noted the deep historic and people-to-people ties between the United States and the Philippines and our strong cooperation on security and economic issues in the Asia Pacific region and globally”, Xinhua quoted a White House statement as saying.
“The Philippines is a long time ally and close friend of the United States. President-elect Aquino said they looked forward to bringing our cooperation to a new level and to meeting at a mutually convenient time,” the statement said.
- Philippines implementing reforms to improve air safety rating - Sep 14, 2012
- President Barack Obama Has Quit Smoking, Says Philippine President-Elect - Jun 13, 2010
- ADB urges Asian countries to undertake more reforms - May 04, 2012
- US Says Inverted Philippine Flag Was Honest Mistake - Sep 27, 2010
- Philippine president says Obama has quit smoking - Jun 12, 2010
- Aquino poised to win Philippine presidential polls - May 11, 2010
- Aquino headed for landslide victory in the Philippines - May 12, 2010
- Noynoy Aquino Leads Philippines Election - May 11, 2010
- Powerful quake off Philippines triggers small tsunami - Aug 31, 2012
- World leaders on Twitter - Jan 24, 2012
- Benigno Aquino III sworn in as Philippines' president - Jun 30, 2010
- Obama congratulates Thailand's first female prime minister - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE's participation in Abu Dhabi Dialogue 2 significant: Envoy - Apr 24, 2012
- Manmohan Singh and Obama resolve to strengthen India-U.S. strategic partnership - Nov 09, 2010
- World leaders congratulate Hollande - May 07, 2012
Tags: 15th president, asia pacific region, barack obama, cooperation, economic issues, long time, philippine president, philippines, president elect, president washington, ties, time ally, united states, white house, xinhua