Obama blocked ‘bin-Laden’s earlier blow up plans’ to have DNA proofMay 3rd, 2011 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 3 (ANI): US President had reportedly blocked plans to blow up Osama bin-Laden’s Pakistani hideout four months back because he wanted his DNA evidence to confirm his death.
The Daily Mail quoted sources as saying that US military leaders were supposed to drop 2,000lb bombs from two B2 stealth bombers on the secure site yards from Pakistan’s military academy.
Obama, however, stopped them so that America could preserve the terror leader’s remains and prove that he had been killed.
After a team American forces killed the terror leader during a firefight on Monday, DNA samples have proved that the man killed was ‘99.9 percent certain’ to be Bin Laden.
Detailed photo analysis by the CIA, confirmation by other people at the raid site and matching physical features like bin Laden’s height also confirmed his identification.
Sources also said the strike was supposed to take place on Saturday, but it was postponed for 24 hours because of poor weather conditions.
Military officials waited for a time of low moon luminosity so they could approach the secure hideaway at a low height, the paper said.
Bin-Laden’s body was buried at sea hours after Obama confirmed his death. (ANI)
- Bin-Laden's 12-year-old daughter saw father being shot - May 04, 2011
- Obama watched Bin Laden 'shot in left eye' on live video in White House - May 03, 2011
- Obama, others' went through 'anxiety-filled periods' watching Osama getting killed - May 03, 2011
- US avoided 'high profile trial' by killing bin-Laden: Analysts - May 03, 2011
- US will be forced to reveal 'bin-Laden combat' pictures: CIA official - May 03, 2011
- How DNA analysis confirmed Osama bin Laden's death - May 04, 2011
- Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence minister - May 10, 2011
- Osama killed in Pakistan, justice done: Obama (Fourth Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Al Qaeda determined to make 'new history': report - Apr 30, 2012
- Bin Laden mission was a big gamble for Obama: official - May 04, 2011
- US will "ultimately" release pictures of bin-Laden's body - May 04, 2011
- Obama didn't see bin-Laden die: CIA Director Panetta - May 04, 2011
- 'US sees bin-Laden's killing a chance to end Afghan war' - May 04, 2011
- Highlights of Obama's speech - May 02, 2011
- Raid to kill Laden in Pak was planned to minimize collateral damage: US officials - May 02, 2011
Tags: american forces, b2 stealth bombers, blow up, daily mail, dna evidence, dna samples, firefight, four months, hideaway, hideout, low moon, luminosity, military academy, military leaders, military officials, osama bin laden, photo analysis, physical features, poor weather conditions, secure site