Obama blocked ‘bin-Laden’s earlier blow up plans’ to have DNA proof

May 3rd, 2011 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI  

Washington, May 3 (ANI): US President had reportedly blocked plans to blow up Osama bin-Laden’s Pakistani hideout four months back because he wanted his DNA evidence to confirm his death.

The Daily Mail quoted sources as saying that US military leaders were supposed to drop 2,000lb bombs from two B2 stealth bombers on the secure site yards from Pakistan’s military academy.

Obama, however, stopped them so that America could preserve the terror leader’s remains and prove that he had been killed.

After a team American forces killed the terror leader during a firefight on Monday, DNA samples have proved that the man killed was ‘99.9 percent certain’ to be Bin Laden.

Detailed photo analysis by the CIA, confirmation by other people at the raid site and matching physical features like bin Laden’s height also confirmed his identification.

Sources also said the strike was supposed to take place on Saturday, but it was postponed for 24 hours because of poor weather conditions.

Military officials waited for a time of low moon luminosity so they could approach the secure hideaway at a low height, the paper said.

Bin-Laden’s body was buried at sea hours after Obama confirmed his death. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe