Obama, Biden waited in line to lunch on burgersMay 6th, 2009 - 5:21 pm ICT by ANI
Arlington (Virginia), May 6 (ANI): US President Barack Obama and his deputy Joe Biden in order to show that they’re still in touch with the people waited in line for a big juicy burger.
They went in their motorcade across the Potomac River into Virginia, and pulled up outside 1713 Wilson Blvd. The popular joint in a plain Arlington strip mall has no sign, but neighbours know it houses Ray’s Hell Burger, and the eatery is famous for its premium aged 10-ounce hamburgers as for its bare-bones decor.
Obama purchased burgers not only for himself and Biden, but also for several members of the press pool that tailed him to lunch across the Potomac. Cheeseburgers at Ray’s retail at 7.95 dollars, and Obama deposited a five dollars bill in the tip jar.
With lunch in their hand, Obama and Biden sat atop stools, like most of the other customers.
A few of those customers remained in the small, burgers-only joint to savour the moment and finish their meal after Obama left.
“I had lunch with the president,” exclaimed Robert Gooch to nobody in particular.
Another customer proudly showed off the cell phone camera shot he took of the jacket-less Obama and Biden chowing down together.
Michael Landrum, the burger joint’s owner, was ecstatic after the visit, calling it “one of the greatest days of my life. I guess he was missing some good food from Chicago.”
Landrum went back behind the counter to keep pushing out burgers, but took the time to greet another storeowner in the small Rosslyn strip. (ANI)
- Barack's platter: Will it be Obama malai tikka burger? - Oct 26, 2010
- Obama's love for cheeseburgers witnessed again - May 30, 2009
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- Obamas made $1.72 million last year - Apr 19, 2011
- Making Burton eat healthy food was a struggle: Norah - Jun 12, 2012
- Gingrich finally calls it quits (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- US economic recovery speeds up: Obama - Feb 04, 2012
- Get ready to dig into a foot-long cheeseburger! - Jul 17, 2010
- Francisco Perez shocked to hear profanity at Burger King - Nov 18, 2010
- Mentor Mullen Says McChrystal Is 'crushed' over his sacking - Jul 03, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: The Calorie Behemoth - Aug 18, 2010
- Five Guys Burger Voted As The Best Fast Food Burger In US - Aug 18, 2010
- Packed with 1000 calories, the Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger is not for the faint-hearted - Aug 18, 2010
- Two injured in shooting outside Pentagon: Report - Mar 05, 2010
- US baby born amidst police, topless dancers and high-speed chase! - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: arlington virginia, barack obama, burgers, cell phone camera, cheeseburgers, days of my life, deputy joe, five dollars, gooch, good food, hamburgers, joe biden, juicy burger, michael landrum, motorcade, potomac river, rosslyn, strip mall, tip jar, wilson blvd