Obama, advisers polishing their etiquette and gift delivery skillsMarch 29th, 2009 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.29 (ANI): Top advisers to President Barack Obama are rehearsing etiquette and debating what gifts the President will give to Queen Elizabeth during their meeting in London next week. The gifts have been selected with extra care, protocol lessons on royal etiquette are being delivered and a week’s wardrobe of casual and formal attire set aside for a first lady who is also an international style icon.
President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle head to London on Tuesday to start their first overseas tour in office, accompanied by an entourage of several hundred aides, advisors, secret service agents and bodyguards and an imported cavalcade of armoured vehicles and helicopters.
A visit to Buckingham Palace on Wednesday afternoon is the formal showpiece of a packed working schedule of back-to-back summits - the G-20 in London, Nato in Strasbourg and EU-US in Prague - plus and bilateral meetings with world leaders, including Gordon Brown in Downing St.The Obamas will attend a private audience with the Queen in her personal apartments for nearly 30 minutes before joining other delegations for a reception in the state rooms. They are receiving advice on protocol for the encounter at the presidential retreat, Camp David, this weekend.
The White House is attempting to pick out an appropriate gift for the Queen that will reflect her long-standing links to the US, a Washington official told The Sunday Telegraph. (ANI)
- Obama arriving in the UK with 'The Beast' - Mar 31, 2009
- Mounted bodyguards, hazar sallam - Regal grandeur marks Pranab's swearing-in - Jul 25, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth welcomes President Obama, Michelle - May 24, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Security stepped up for Obama's UK visit, Queen's Ireland trip - May 04, 2011
- Forty planes, six armoured cars to join Obama on India trip - Oct 31, 2010
- Piven wants Obama to do cameo in 'Entourage' movie - Jul 22, 2011
- President Obama to call British PM Cameron on Tuesday - May 12, 2010
- Kate Middleton to throw 'normal' reception bash - Dec 07, 2010
- Obama accepts Queen's invitation to visit UK in May - Feb 18, 2011
- ITC Maurya under siege for Obama's visit - Nov 07, 2010
- Royal wedding 'to serve as rehearsal for the Queen's funeral' - Apr 25, 2011
- US economic policy is the 'road to hell': Czech PM - Mar 25, 2009
- Airspace over Mumbai to be shut for Obama - Nov 04, 2010
- Ambassador Mary Mel French pens book on official White House etiquette - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: armoured vehicles, barack obama, bilateral meetings, buckingham palace, camp david, delivery skills, downing st, formal attire, gift delivery, international style, michelle head, presidential retreat, private audience, queen elizabeth, retreat camp, secret service agents, showpiece, style icon, sunday telegraph, wife michelle