NZ supermarket docket offers acre of land on moon for $20!April 28th, 2011 - 3:26 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Apr 28 (ANI): A man in New Zealand was startled to find an out-of-this-world deal on the back of his supermarket coupon this week - an acre of land on the moon for 20 dollars.
Kenneth Sewell from New Plymouth was scanning the back of his Pak ‘n Save receipt for good deals when he noticed the unusual offer.
“I thought, `what the heck’s this?’ and wondered if it was a scam,” Stuff.co.nz quoted him as saying.
“It says it’s filed with the United Nations so it seems bona fide.”
But he still was not keen on investing in a piece of prime moon real estate. “If you can’t plant a tree on it, walk on it, stand on it or even get to it, what would you do with it? Stake it out with a piece of string?”
The advertisement directs potential buyers to the website redeem.co.nz, where they are informed that because of a legal loophole, the sale of moon land is legitimate and filed with the UN.
“So unless someone currently lives there it’s yours. There are no ongoing charges and taxes and unless you borrowed the 20 dollars, no mortgage,” the website says.
This is, however, followed by a quick disclaimer.
“While all this is ratified it is a novelty gift. So don’t get bent out of shape if you do visit it and some shack is there.”
Other odd online buys:
An acre on Mars: 40 dollars
Chunks of dinosaur bone: 14 dollars; or a tooth: 120 dollars
The ability to name a star: 54 - 489 dollars
Dirt from Roswell: 4.99 dollars
The soul of an American: 5 dollars
Nothing: 5.99 dollars (ANI)
- Restrict state control on businesses: Putin - Jan 30, 2012
- Boston Market offers $1 coupon chicken meals - Oct 31, 2009
- Cellphone coupon to update public about Anna's programme - Mar 25, 2012
- Star Struck Valentines - Feb 06, 2010
- Sex tape with golfer is fake: admits Woods' porn star mistress - Nov 08, 2010
- Plane crash kills 4 at New Mexico airport - Apr 03, 2011
- UAE-based Etisalat denies involvement in Indian 2G scam - Feb 10, 2011
- My focus is on quality, not quantity: Zarine - Apr 07, 2012
- Government cautious as New Zealand deficit below forecast - Jul 06, 2012
- Affected telecom firms file review pleas in Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Electronic stores offer free guns - Apr 08, 2011
- Sandeep Dikshit barred from using St. Stephen's logo (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- Amar Singh's phone tapped on official directions: Reliance Infocomm - Feb 14, 2011
- Apex court upholds needy landlord's right to evict tenant (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Now, 'scratch and sniff' the Moon for just $55! - Oct 15, 2010
Tags: acre of land, acre of land on the moon, advertisement, chunks, dinosaur bone, dirt, good deals, land on the moon, legal loophole, moon land, new plymouth, novelty gift, receipt, roswell, sewell, shape, supermarket coupon, united nations, wellington, what the heck