NYPD counter-terrorism department describes Awlaki as ‘most dangerous man in world’November 11th, 2010 - 12:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov. 11 (ANI): Yemen-based American-born Al-Qaeda suspect Anwar Al Awlaki has been described as “the most dangerous man in the world” by an intelligence research specialist attached with the New York Police Department’s counter-terrorism division.
According to Fox News, this assessment is based on Awlaki’s longstanding links to terrorism, his “proven track record of radicalizing Muslims”, his suspected involvement in planning and encouraging attacks such as 9/11, the 7/7 and 7/21 transatlantic plots, the Fort Hood shooter, the Times Square attempted bomber, the underwear bomber and more.
His ongoing propaganda campaign thru DVD’s , web postings and the online magazine “Inspire” is also being cited as a factor for this identity.
The NYPD presentation in Saudi Arabia was one of many regular briefs with private security officials who are members of the “SHIELD” program, considered a “force multiplier” by NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly.
Kelly has described the 7000 SHIELD participants as extra eyes and ears for police, an important part of the “protection protocol” involving large offices and corporations across the city where the department can quickly spread the word about watches, alerts and potential threats including mail bombs and suspicious packages. (ANI)
- Al-Awlaki's death major blow to Al Qaeda: Obama - Oct 01, 2011
- Al Qaeda in Yemen issues fresh threats to Americans - May 17, 2010
- YouTube told to block videos broadcast by Yemeni Qaeda preacher Anwar al-Awlaki - Sep 20, 2010
- New York police arrest 'al-Qaeda sympathizer' who plotted bombing campaign - Nov 21, 2011
- Arrested Islamic radicals wanted to be world's best known terrorists - Jun 07, 2010
- Obama orders deployment of US drones to target Yemeni terrorist - May 02, 2010
- Times Square bomber's mentor was let off at JFK airport - May 10, 2010
- Al Qaeda leader dined at Pentagon months after 9/11 - Oct 21, 2010
- Al Qaeda man linked to 9/11 had lunch at Pentagon - Oct 21, 2010
- American born radical cleric al-Awlaki linked to UK terror plot - Dec 29, 2010
- US-born 'Jihadist Next Door" Omar Hammami emerging as "the next" Anwar Awlaki: Experts - Aug 07, 2010
- Al-Qaeda leader Al-Awlaki killed: Yemen - Sep 30, 2011
- Nigerian attacker had syringe sewn into his underwear: NYT - Dec 27, 2009
- Al Qaeda leaders killed in Yemen air strike - May 07, 2012
- Yemen charges US-born radical cleric Al-Awlaki for first time - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: anwar al awlaki, counter terrorism, dangerous man, eyes and ears, force multiplier, fort hood, fox news, intelligence research, kelly kelly, mail bombs, new york police, new york police department, nypd commissioner, propaganda campaign, ray kelly, research specialist, security officials, suspicious packages, web postings, york police department