NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg has only six pairs of loafers!October 17th, 2010 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 17 (ANI): New York’s low-key billionaire mayor, Michael Bloomberg, has only six pairs of shoes.
During a speech at shoe sale event Bloomberg joked: “A story emerged recently that shocked many in your industry, leaving them confused, perplexed, maybe even a little bit hurt.”
“I’m talking about the stunning revelation in the September 20th edition of the New York Post, that I, Michael R. Bloomberg, 108th Mayor of the City of New York, may not have purchased a new pair of work shoes in ten years…if it’s in the Post it must be true,” People mag quoted him as saying.
Bloomberg, however, said that actually likes to wear only brown and black shoes.
“Yeah, I do probably have half a dozen pairs, but it is true. I probably only wear one black and one brown and that’s about it,” he said. “I’d love to tell you I’m a big fashionista,” admitted the Mayor.
“But it was really embarrassing, Ken Cole [shoe designer Kenneth Cole] happens to be a very close friend of mine, and I was with him the night before [the article appeared],” he said. (ANI)
- Shoe collection is like dream come true: Cheryl Cole - Oct 12, 2011
- NYC Mayor Bloomberg to preside over gay wedding - Jul 08, 2011
- Meet minimalist celebs - Robert Pattinson, Steve Jobs, Michael Bloomberg - Oct 24, 2010
- Amanda Holden poses as nude Marilyn Monroe in new shoe campaign - Apr 08, 2011
- Cheryl Cole owns 2,000 pairs of shoes - Dec 07, 2011
- Ground Zero mosque opponents say location should be preserved to 'show what happened there' - Mar 16, 2011
- Georgina Bloomberg Injured Her Spine - Nov 08, 2010
- After Australia, Lara Bingle eyes NYC to revive modelling career - May 25, 2010
- Cheryl Cole says that she admires Lady Gaga - Dec 08, 2011
- Bloombito, the alter ego of NY mayor on Twitter - Aug 31, 2011
- NY Mayor Bloomberg rules out 2012 Presidential bid - Dec 13, 2010
- Drop 'birther issue', says Mayor Bloomberg to Trump - Apr 25, 2011
- Shoes designed by Cheryl Cole faulty? - Dec 25, 2011
- Timberlake is Biel's fashion critic - Aug 02, 2012
- US reveals 'credible but unconfirmed' terror threat - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: billionaire, black shoes, designer kenneth cole, dozen pairs, fashionista, half a dozen, ken cole, little bit, loafers, love, mayor michael bloomberg, michael bloomberg, new york post, ny mayor, people mag, shoe designer, stunning revelation, work shoes