Nuts, bolts, nails packed with explosives in Malegaon blastSeptember 30th, 2008 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
Malegaon (Maharashtra), Sep 30 (IANS) Nuts, bolts, nails and ball-bearings were packed with three kilograms of explosive material in a motorcycle for Monday’s bomb blast here that killed two people, forensic expert Dnyaneshwar Mohite said Tuesday.The bomb, kept in the Splendor motorcycle parked near the Bhikku Chowk of the town, exploded around 9.30 p.m., killing two people instantaneously.
Mufti Mohammed Ismail, a respected Muslim religious leader in the power-loom town, said the police were informed three hours before the blast that an unclaimed motorcycle was parked near Bhikku Chowk.
Mufti heads the Third Front that rules the Malegaon Municipal Corporation in alliance with the Congress.
- Two Malegaon deaths due to police firing, claims Mufti - Sep 30, 2008
- Patil, Bhujbal monitoring post-blast situation in Malegaon - Sep 30, 2008
- RSS similar to Hitler's Nazi troops: Digvijay Singh - Dec 19, 2010
- Three held in connection with Malegaon blasts - Oct 24, 2008
- Malegaon explosion was bomb blast: police - Sep 30, 2008
- Four killed in Nepal blast - Apr 30, 2012
- Congress draft political resolution targets RSS link to Hindu terror groups - Dec 19, 2010
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Toll in Lahore suicide attacks rises to 57 - Mar 13, 2010
- One dead in Pakistan blast - Feb 15, 2012
- Malegaon blasts accused seek bail - Jan 17, 2011
- Bomb blast averted in Karachi - Jul 20, 2012
- Malegaon tense after Monday''s blast, but curfew relaxed - Sep 30, 2008
- Malegaon blast: Apex court denies bail to ex-armyman - Oct 04, 2010
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011