Nuremberg’s relegation troubles continue after 0-0 draw (German football)May 3rd, 2008 - 2:41 pm ICT by admin
Dortmund, May 3 (DPA) German Bundesliga football side Nuremberg remain deep in relegation trouble after a goalless draw at Borussia Dortmund. Nuremberg looked the more enterprising side Friday night, but failed to make use of the chances they created. Tall Czech international striker Jan Koller came close with a header late in the second half, but failed to beat Dortmund’s goalkeeper.
Eight minutes from the end Dortmund’s 20-year-old goalkeeper MarcelHoettecke, who was only playing as the home side’s two other goalkeepers were injured, pulled off a breathtaking save from Tomas Galasek, who extended a Zvjezdan Misimovic free-kick.
The draw helped neither side, as it kept Nuremberg in the drop zone on 28 points, while Dortmund are 12th with 36 points.
On Sunday, Bayern Munich, who were knocked out of the UEFA Cup 4-0 by Zenit St. Petersburg Wednesday, can make sure of the title if they get at least a point at VfL Wolfsburg.
They could even win the championship Saturday if second-placed Werder Bremen and third-placed Schalke 04 fail to win their games against Energie Cottbus and Hanover 96 respectively.
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- Mertesacker saves Bremen as Hamburg and Schalke stumble - Nov 29, 2009
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Bremen go top as Hanover and Bundesliga remember Enke - Nov 22, 2009
- Bayern on top with unconvincing victory over Wolfsburg - Jan 29, 2012
- Dortmund share point with Nuremberg - Sep 02, 2012
- Bayern Munich on revenge mission in Wolfsburg - Feb 04, 2010
- Petric helps Hamburg down Cologne in Bundesliga - Dec 08, 2008
- Ribery shoots Bayern Munich back to top of Bundesliga - Mar 01, 2010
- Bayern Munich reduces Dortmund's lead - Apr 01, 2012
- Bayern see chance to go top in title-race thriller - May 11, 2009
- Bochum, Hertha seek Cup relief after Bundesliga slump - Sep 21, 2009
- Schalke keep pace with leaders, Frankfurt enjoy late win - Feb 15, 2010
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Borussia Dortmund edge out Bayern Munich in Bundesliga - Nov 20, 2011
Tags: bayern munich, borussia dortmund, czech international, drop zone, energie cottbus, free kick, friday night, german football, goalkeepers, hanover 96, jan koller, nuremberg, relegation, schalke 04, striker, tomas galasek, uefa cup, wolfsburg, zenit st petersburg, zvjezdan misimovic