Nudists and swingers fighting it out in France’s ‘Naked City’September 23rd, 2010 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 23 (ANI): “Traditional” nudists in France’s ‘Naked City’-the town of Cap d’Agde on the Langedoc coast-are at loggerheads with a new wave of naturists who advocate free sex and partner-swapping.
Cap d’Agde is known as France’s “Naked City” thanks to its large nudist population.
But tension arose recently when locals complained that the nudist quarter had been overrun by raunchy hotels and that children had been confronted with people indulging in sexual acts in public, according to the Independent.
The exhibitionist behaviour has been blamed on the “libertines”- a group of swingers who have descended on the town in recent years.
In fact, the group has been accused of walking about in their clothes and mocking the “real” nudists, said the paper.
“When the sun shines, there is an area of Cap d’Agde which turns into the European capital of free sex,” the Telegraph quoted Florence Denestebe, an independent local councillor, as telling a council meeting recently.
She has urged the mayor to intervene before there was an “explosion of libertine behaviour in non-nudist areas” of the town.
Traditional nudists support the move. One told the paper that they had moved to the area because they wanted “a natural life” but that they had ended up living “surrounded by wild animals”.
The mayor said that he would consider the complaints but had already done all he could to keep the two groups apart.
Two years ago anger of the influx of swingers led to two arson attacks on hotels that hosted libertine parties. (ANI)
- French naturists protest open-air sex by tourists - Nov 07, 2010
- List of 10 best places to get naked in 2011 revealed - Feb 11, 2011
- Swiss man fined for nude hiking wins appeal against 'indecent behaviour' - May 29, 2010
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- 'Immoral' sex romp at Queensland resort giving nudists a hard time - Jan 18, 2010
- Australian Nudists Foundation issues no overt sex guidelines for unofficial nude beaches - Mar 14, 2009
- Down to your last shirt? Strip off at this nudist hotel - Apr 16, 2009
- Normal for me to have sex at orgies: Strauss-Kahn - May 01, 2012
- 87 bombs found at British nudist beach - Oct 13, 2011
- Now, take a 'naturist holiday' with 7-night naked cruise - Oct 15, 2010
- Queensland resort to boost tourism with month of orgies! - Nov 12, 2008
- Spanish prostitutes to wear fluorescent vests for safety - Dec 04, 2011
- Wardens set to patrol Studland's nudist beach after sexual incidents - Jul 02, 2009
- Tour de France Stage 5: Thomas Voeckler Wins - Jul 08, 2009
- High rates of STDs among older swingers - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: anger, arson attacks, cap d agde, city london, explosion, florence, influx, langedoc, libertine, libertines, local councillor, locals, loggerheads, naked city, naturists, new wave, nudists, sexual acts, swingers, wild animals