Nude beaches may help boost tourism, shows surveyApril 7th, 2009 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 7 (ANI): A new survey has revealed that more than forty per cent of travellers believe that if there were more nudist beaches in Australia, it would help boost tourism.
The survey by totaltravel.com saw more than 1200 respondents saying that they were happy for people to strip down at the beach to attract more tourists, and believed that nudity “was natural and beautiful”.
A quarter of those surveyed said that they did not care whether the people were naked or not on the beaches just “as long as they did not block the sun”.
But thirty-three per cent of the respondents said that nude sun baking should be banned, with anti-nudists saying that they “did not want to see it all hang out”.
Paul Fisher, marketing manager of totaltravel.com global, said that, as per the survey, Aussies were tolerant of nudity, however those who agree to more nudist beaches being added, have called for appropriate signage.
“While a leading proportion of voters agreed that a little bit of flesh never hurt anyone, a few did comment that if more nude beaches were introduced there would have to be appropriate signage to alert families or children to what kind of beach it was,” News.com.au quoted him as saying.
“Some also called for nude beaches to be secluded and away from beaches where families congregated,” he added. (ANI)
- Lack of transport leads to campaign for legalisation of Oz city nude beach! - Dec 16, 2009
- Mirren finds nude beaches comforting - Jun 28, 2011
- 80pc travellers think allowing mobiles on planes is crazy - Sep 29, 2008
- 40pct of Aussie women have enjoyed holiday romances - May 19, 2010
- Oz tourists want crying babies, their parents segregated on long flights! - Feb 19, 2008
- Most Aussies want obese air travellers to pay for two seats - Dec 11, 2007
- 87 bombs found at British nudist beach - Oct 13, 2011
- Oz teens at risk from 'dangerous' online friends - Mar 15, 2011
- Most Brits believe military action in Libya too risky - Mar 22, 2011
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- India, smaller Asian economies to lead growth - Feb 15, 2011
- Most people with 'locked in' syndrome are happy: Survey - Feb 24, 2011
- Aussies would love to be part of the Mile High Club! - Jan 21, 2008
- Firms pay men more than women to stay in the job - Sep 02, 2010
- Getting nude easier than mastering Brit accent: Hathaway - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: aussies, fisher marketing, flesh, little bit, marketing manager, melbourne, new survey, news com au, nude beaches, nudist beaches in australia, nudists, nudity, paul fisher, proportion, respondents, signage, sun baking, totaltravel, tourists, travellers