NSG commandos honoured in HaryanaJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 2 (IANS) Three commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) of Haryana who bravely countered the Mumbai terror attack were Friday honoured by the district administration at Jhajjar.Varun Dalal, Surinder and Rajesh were given a cash prize of Rs.50,000 each, a certificate and a memento.
“The brave act of the commandos was a matter of pride not only for the state but also for the country. The NSG has done the country proud by killing the terrorists without bothering for their own lives,” Jhajjar Deputy Commissioner Nitin Kumar said. Jhajjar is about 350 km from here.
The NSG is headquartered at Manesar near Gurgaon in Haryana.
- Haryana to post police battalion in Manesar - Aug 01, 2012
- Super Black Cat commandos by 2015: NSG chief - Oct 16, 2011
- Prison van attacked in Haryana, three dead - Mar 10, 2012
- NSG regional hub inaugurated in Hyderabad - Dec 06, 2011
- IAF and NSG conduct exercise 'Black Eagle' - May 13, 2010
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Maruti-Suzuki strike ends, workers to join Monday - Oct 01, 2011
- Hooda pulls up officials for expressway construction delay (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
- 10 Maruti union leaders arrested - Aug 01, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Haryana gives 300 acres land for AIIMS-like institute - Dec 30, 2010
- Sticky bomb a bigger threat: NSG chief - Feb 15, 2012
- Haryana raids hookah bars - Oct 27, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011