NRO is unacceptable to majority of Pakistanis: SurveyNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:50 am ICT by admin
A Pakistani student in Finland, echoed similar views.
“I am very pleased to see her return, if she stands trial for all the cases against her and disproves them in court,” he said.
Others equated Benazir’s return to her homecoming in 1988 after General Ziaul Haq’s death, the Daily Times reported.
“The US has a big role in getting her back, probably much along the lines of her return to Pakistan after 1988,” said Saad Asad.
Many of the industrial workers of the city were unaware of the ordinance and a few who were aware of it said that the NRO was not fair, and that Benazir should stand trial for the cases.
‘If any of us commits even a minor offence, we are dragged off to jail. Why is she being pardoned? This is not fair,’ they said.
A few, however, think that the deal after the promulgation of the NRO would not last for long time.
“The NRO will be broken in the next six months and Bhutto will either be sent to prison, or deported,” offered Ali Ansari, a banker.
Even supporters of President Pervez Musharraf find the NRO unacceptable.
“I don’t see any place for Bhutto in this country,” said Imtiaz Noor, who works with business development.
“President Musharraf could have stayed in power even without the ordinance. Bhutto is going to be a waste of our time,” Noor added. (ANI)
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Pakistani PM urged to implement apex court's NRO verdict - Jun 27, 2012
- Gilani meets Zardari after apex court's contempt notice - Jan 16, 2012
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- Contempt notice against Gilani challenged - Jan 17, 2012
- Have always respected court: Gilani - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Attorney general gets court order in Zardari case - Mar 10, 2012
- Zardari has immunity: Pakistani PM's lawyer - Jan 18, 2012
- Gilani contempt: Court summons top official - Feb 28, 2012
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012
- Malik passes NRO accountability buck to Musharraf - Oct 03, 2010
- Gilani reaches court for contempt hearing - Feb 13, 2012
- Gilani has committed contempt, rules Pakistan court - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: ali ansari, asad, benazir, bhutto, homecoming, imtiaz, industrial workers, minor offence, noor, nro, pakistan, president musharraf, president pervez musharraf, promulgation, saad, unacceptable, usman