Now, transparent bubble tent to see hues of dawn, dusk and the Milky Way!November 16th, 2010 - 6:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 16 (ANI): Camping out has always been a great experience, and now campers can enjoy it even more with a transparent blow-up bubble tent that will allow them to get even closer to nature.
The tents, which look more like portable hotel rooms, come decked out with wardrobes, sofas and electric lights.
Designed by French designer Pierre Stephane Dumas, and launched this year, they can be hired out at sites across France for around 400 pounds a night.
The tents are a favourite among British tourists, and Dumas said his creations are “unusual huts for unusual nights”.
“Having a night under the stars or seeing the sun rise and set is not something that many people experience any more. A normal tent or camper van means people miss out on these things,” the Sun quoted him as saying.
“So I designed this eccentric shelter with the aim of offering an unusual experience under the stars while keeping all the comfort of a bedroom suite.
“The ceiling of the bubble is the Milky Way. Guests will be able to enjoy this as well as the extraordinary light variation of the sunset and sunrise,” he added.
The bubbles are designed for two adults but can be adapted to include a smaller children’s bedroom.
Once the bubble is inflated, it is kept in shape with an airlock at the entrance and a silent pump, which keeps a constant pressure on the surrounding “walls”. (ANI)
- Get ready to see the elusive 'False Dawn' of zodiacal light next week - Sep 10, 2010
- Bar Refaeli, Sarkozy's son dating? - Oct 03, 2011
- Te Aroha - for hilly holiday with colonial feel (Feature, With Images) - May 10, 2012
- Camping makes people happier than five-star holidays! - Apr 25, 2011
- Miley Cyrus seeks legal advice over sex doll - Apr 04, 2011
- Mars to be closest to Earth on March 5 - Mar 02, 2012
- Brain 'programmed from birth to recognize day and night cycle' - Apr 30, 2011
- NASA finds 1,235 planets that could have extra-terrestrial lifeforms - Mar 30, 2011
- New polymer-based solar-thermal device cuts heating cost by 40pc - Apr 05, 2011
- Now, an eye mask that wakes you up gently by simulating sunrise! - Jan 13, 2011
- Century's second Venus transit on June 6 - May 21, 2012
- 'The Descendants' - a gentle, sensitive masterpiece (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 28, 2012
- Nasa scientists spot mystery giant 'space bubbles' - Nov 12, 2010
- UK women compare bedroom antics most to Sex and the City's Charlotte - Apr 29, 2010
- Do plants hold the key to fighting jet lag? - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: airlock, bedroom suite, blow up, british tourists, bubbles, camper van, campers, designer pierre, dusk, french designer, hotel rooms, hues, huts, milky way, sofas, stephane dumas, sun rise, sunset and sunrise, tent, tents