Now Madonna to adopt from Lesotho?June 7th, 2009 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 7 (IANS) After a failed attempt to adopt a baby girl from Malawi recently, pop diva Madonna is now eying to adopt a child from Lesotho, landlocked country surrounded by South Africa.
The 50-year-old singer, who is in the process of appealing a court ruling that she cannot adopt four-year-old Mercy James from Malawi, is said to be considering giving a child from the impoverished African kingdom a home as she is desperate to become a mother again, reports dailymail.co.uk.
“Madonna is not a patient person. She has said she won’t give up on Mercy but if she’s blocked from adopting her legally then she will think about trying to adopt another baby. She has already started looking into other African countries,” said a source.
“If a miracle happens and she gets to adopt Mercy, I see no reason why she wouldn’t go ahead and adopt another child from a different African country as well. She has done some research on Lesotho and because it’s a place that is ravaged by AIDS and has a high number of orphans, it could be the perfect second choice,” the source added.
The “Frozen” singer is said to have already spoken to officials at a Nigerian orphanage about adopting a child.
Madonna already has biological children Lourdes, 12, and eight-year-old Rocco and an adopted three-year-old son David Bana from Malawi.
- Madonna to open an orphanage - Jun 30, 2011
- Madonna snapped 'waving' hand sanitiser at Malawian orphans - Oct 31, 2009
- Madonna pays $19 million to adopt Malawi orphan Mercy James - Jun 14, 2009
- Madge turns to other African country for adoption - Jun 08, 2009
- Madonna flies in nanny, nurse for Mercy James - Jun 15, 2009
- Madonna appeals adoption case in Malawi - May 04, 2009
- Madonna's Malawian daughter's family plans to sue over break of visit vow - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Ecstatic' Madonna wins second Malawi adoption case - Jun 13, 2009
- Madonna takes David, Mercy to Malawi - Apr 06, 2010
- Madonna's school coming up fast in Malawi - Jan 10, 2010
- Madonna 'set to adopt second Malawian tot' - Mar 30, 2009
- Madonna arrives in Malawi to lay foundation for girls school - Oct 26, 2009
- 'Tearful' Mercy James pleads for 'her mum Madonna' - Apr 06, 2009
- Father of Madonna's Mercy upset after missing meeting with daughter - Apr 08, 2010
- Madonna tells Mercy "You are part of us now" after adoption win - Jun 13, 2009
Tags: adopting a child, african countries, aids, baby girl, bana, biological children, dailymail, landlocked country, london, madonna, mercy james, miracle, nigerian orphanage, orphans, patient person, pop diva, rocco, second choice, south africa