Now, Hudson hero pilot Sully lands TV documentaryApril 3rd, 2009 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Apr.3 (ANI): Hero pilot Chesley Sullenberger has landed a television documentary.
First came a two-book deal, now TLC has bought a biographic documentary on Sullenberger, the pilot who miraculously guided a powerless US Airways jet into the Hudson River, saving all 155 aboard.
“Brace for Impact” will air late this year and delve into what Sullenberger was thinking and doing when the plane hit a flock of birds, rendering its engines useless, and how he glided the aircraft to safety.
“It isn’t often we can accurately use the word ‘hero’ to describe an individual, but it is the best possible description for Capt. Sullenberger,” Eileen O’Neill, president of TLC said in a statement.
Sullenberger and his crew were flooded with offers following the Jan. 15 landing. He recently inked a book deal.
“I’m eager to share this story and the remarkable safety record of American commercial aviation with the general public,” the New York Daily News quoted Sullenberger, as saying in a statement.
“I trust this documentary will help serve that goal,” he added. (ANI)
- Captain Sully talks about the miracle of the Hudson on its second anniversary - Jan 15, 2011
- Sully Speaks on 'Miracle on the Hudson's' Second Anniversary - Jan 15, 2011
- Passengers praise pilot for landing Delta flight in New York safely - Sep 27, 2010
- Hudson crash landing hero Sullenberger retires - Mar 04, 2010
- Hudson hero Chesley Sully Sullenberger to make millions from book deal - Mar 13, 2009
- Sarah Palin's Alaska series to appear on TLC network - Mar 26, 2010
- Delta Airlines Pilot Makes Emergency One Wheeled Landing at JFK - Sep 28, 2010
- Hudson hero Sully to be part of US Airways' safety management team - Sep 29, 2009
- Hudson hero Sully set to return to friendly skies - Sep 11, 2009
- Levi Johnston not to appear on reality series 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' - Aug 07, 2010
- Captain "Sully", Hudson River emergency landing pilot retires - Mar 04, 2010
- Hero pilot "Sully" Sullenberger to fly again for U.S. Airways - Sep 29, 2009
- "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Season 24 Episode 52 - Nov 25, 2009
- Sullenberger's book about US Airways Flight 1549 which landed in Hudson - Oct 14, 2009
- Captain Sully Movie deal Finalized - Oct 04, 2010
Tags: capt, chesley, commercial aviation, delve, flock of birds, hero, hudson river, new york daily news, o neill, pilot, remarkable safety record, television documentary, tlc, tv documentary, us airways, york daily news