Now, get Kate Middleton statuette for 199 poundsJune 30th, 2011 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
London, June 29 (IANS) Admirers of Kate Middleton will now be able to buy a bone china statuette of the Duchess of Cambridge for 199 pounds, said a media report.
The miniature statue of the duchess has, however, been described by an expert as “absolutely dreadful”, the Telegraph reported.
The statuette - that depicts Kate at Westminster Abbey on her wedding day, waving to the crowd - was created by sculptor Carolyn Morton. It will sell for 199 pounds with another 20 pounds as reservation charges.
However, Dickie Arbiter, a former aide to the queen, said: “It is horrible, absolutely dreadful. Anyone who spends that kind of money on it needs their head examined. It is cashing in without any taste. It is the sort of thing that belongs on a naff mantelpiece of a soap opera.”
Most of Morton’s previous work is in bronze. She was once asked to produce a life-sized bust of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Makthoum, the ruler of Dubai.
Another figure of Kate - called the “Lucky Kate” doll - has been produced by an American firm The Franklin Mint.
- Fiji issues stamp on British wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- Move over Barbie! Kate Middleton doll is here - Mar 13, 2011
- White House congratulates British royal couple - Apr 30, 2011
- We've got Bieber fever, says Middleton family - May 30, 2011
- Royal wedding parties to yield 140 tonnes of trash - Apr 28, 2011
- Diana's friend Sarah not invited to Wills-Kate wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Saturday August 13 is bookies favourite for Prince William's big day - Nov 17, 2010
- William & Kate to visit California in July - May 05, 2011
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William to arrive at wedding venue on horseback? - Apr 02, 2011
- Kim Kardashian wants a royal wedding - Aug 05, 2011
- Mirren hopes William, Kate have private wedding also - Apr 25, 2011
- Royal couple honeymoon on the Seychelles Islands - May 11, 2011
- Hairstylist reveals Kate's wedding 'hair do' secrets - May 01, 2011
Tags: admirers, arbiter, bone china, bust, cambridge, crowd, duchess, franklin mint, june 29, kate middleton, mantelpiece, mohammed bin rashid, ruler of dubai, sculptor, sheikh mohammed bin rashid, soap opera, statuette, telegraph, wedding day, westminster abbey