Now, celebs need prescription for botoxDecember 11th, 2008 - 4:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 11 (ANI): Celebrities seeking a botox job will have to get a doctors prescription before getting the wrinkle-busting jab.
In response to increasing number of complaints of surgeries gone wrong by dodgy medics, British medical chiefs have made a proper examination compulsory for patients seeking the popular age-defying treatment.
Consumer groups complained doctors were prescribing Botox without seeing the patient and were letting nurses or beauticians dish out the drug, with many operations ending up going wrong.
As per reports, cunning doctors are cashing in on the stars favourite skin-tightening jab, but now the General Medical Council has ruled that doctors must assess the patient.
Botox became a craze after model Kate Price, 30, was filmed having the injection in her telly show, reports The Daily Star.
Other actresses who went for the jab include, Amanda Holden, 37, and Alicia Douvall, 29 and American Jocelyn Wildenstein, 62, dubbed Bride of Wildenstein after who spent a whopping 2million pounds of cosmetic surgery.
However, Dannii Minogue, 37, quit the treatment, saying it left her looking emotionless. (ANI)
- Could Botox get rid of cold sores? - Nov 23, 2010
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- 'Human Barbie' gives Botox jabs to 15-year-old daughter - Mar 03, 2010
- Botox may not be effective in treating migraines - Feb 10, 2011
- Botox reduces wrinkles even with less frequent doses - Apr 27, 2010
- Botox can actually cause wrinkles - May 11, 2010
- Boob job boom - courtesy Cougars - Jun 19, 2010
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- Now, use Botox to zap that horrendous migraine - Aug 13, 2010
- Botox shot can relieve chronic pain in people - Oct 26, 2009
- Botox Injections Approved By FDA To Treat Migraines - Oct 18, 2010
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Elizabeth Hurley tired of Warne's new look? - Aug 15, 2011
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: actresses, alicia douvall, botox, bride of wildenstein, celebrities, chiefs, consumer groups, cosmetic surgery, dannii minogue, dish, doctors, general medical council, holden, jab, jocelyn wildenstein, kate price, london, medics, model kate, nurses