Now, Abu Hamza calls for Muslim wives to laugh off rapeJanuary 24th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 24 (ANI): Beleaguered cleric Abu Hamza came under fire again for his radical views on rape when his website claimed that Muslim wives could laugh off unwanted sex and rape could be confused with simply having a pushy husband.
In response to the sex-on-demand and wife smacking controversy sparked by Hamzas lectures, his Islamic Information and Services Network of Australasia website published an article saying the media had no right to question his marital teachings.
But the article on Hamzas IISNA website suggested a Muslim wife could choose to laugh off” sex without consent or that spousal rape was hard to define and could just be a case of being married to a pushy husband.
If a husband enters upon his wife in a manner she does not approve, she might go as far as to contact the police and accuse him of rape or accept it with laughter and embarrassment, the Daily Telegraph quoted the article, as saying stated.
The response claimed Jewish attitudes to a husbands right to sex, or his right to physically punish his wife, was similar to that preached by Hamza.
Regular lecture attendee Musa abu Aisha said Hamza often preached tolerance, peace and the need to treat women well.
But others who have known Hamza described him as a radical with a bigoted agenda.
Although Hamza would not take further questions on his views, the response on his IISNA website suggested Muslim wives defined rape differently to non-Muslim women.
The relation between husband and wife - any husband and wife - is an exclusive and closed union, meaning their relationship can only be intervened upon the request or intent of one of the spouses, no-one else has the right to interrupt them, the article said.
So if a Muslim couple agrees to live their life by Islamic teachings, then they are completely free to do so in the privacy of their home. (ANI)
- Rape not possible in marriage: Muslim cleric - Oct 14, 2010
- Cleric rapped for claiming rape impossible within marriage - Jan 22, 2009
- US Muslim preacher named Islamic personality of year - Jul 10, 2012
- Muslim youth in India dissociate from terror: Sufi cleric - Apr 24, 2012
- It''s OK to hit your wife, says Oz Islamic cleric - Jan 22, 2009
- British Imam retracts views on Darwin's theory of evolution - Mar 08, 2011
- Abu Hamza says Aussies are boozers hooked on gambling and prostitution - Jan 23, 2009
- Osama wanted his youngest wife to be of high moral value - May 10, 2011
- Was Osama bin Laden obsessed with Whitney Houston? - May 11, 2011
- Islamic students at top UK university ' preaching hard-line extremism' - Oct 18, 2010
- Saudi held in Malaysia for insulting Islam - Feb 10, 2012
- Muslim men in polygamous unions 'happier than their wives' - Aug 25, 2010
- Nigerian raped to death by five wives - Jul 25, 2012
- Extradition of British terror suspects to US halted - Jul 08, 2010
- Islamic TV banned in Britain for condoning marital rape - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: abu hamza, aisha, attendee, cleric, controversy, daily telegraph, embarrassment, husband and wife, islamic information, islamic teachings, jan 24, jewish attitudes, laughter, melbourne, muslim wife, muslim women, radical views, rape, sex on demand, unwanted sex