Now a blood-vessel-busting 5000-calorie burger available in UKJanuary 28th, 2011 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 28 (ANI): An American-themed burger bar in Britain has come up with what has been termed as a blood-vessel-busting burger because of the 5000 calories contained in it.
The burger stands 11 inches high and weighs 2.5lb, and the calorie contained is more than twice a woman’s recommended daily intake.
It is made up of two 1lb beef patties, six rashers of bacon, two chicken breasts, two potato waffles, four onion rings, cheese and a tomato, and it is accompanied by a huge ice cream milkshake and chips.
Oscar’s Diner, in Telford, Shropshire, is offering the burger as part of its ‘Sink the Titanic’ challenge.
Customers must eat the entire burger, a large portion of chips, a pot of coleslaw, and then wash it all down with the ice cream milkshake, within 45 minutes.
The winner gets a free meal, a celebratory photograph on the “wall of fame” and a commemorative T-shirt.
The restaurant revealed that of the 100 people who have tried the 15 pounds meal, which takes half an hour to prepare, fewer than 20 have managed every last chip.
“There are many that have tried, but not many have succeeded,” the Daily Mail quoted Oscar’s deputy manager Nikk Lindop, 26, as saying.
“We’ve had really good feedback about it and lots of people are coming to try it. Most hit a wall after about 20 minutes and we’ve had to fail several people who’ve had just three chips left,” he said.
He was asked if critics might say the challenge was encouraging people to eat unhealthily.
“We’re not forcing anyone to eat anything. It’s just a bit of fun,” he stated. (ANI)
- America's worst drink, 2,000-calorie milkshake, equals to eating 68 pieces of bacon - May 27, 2010
- Foods that will sabotage your diet - Jan 12, 2011
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- Milkshake having 2000 calories tops the list of the '20 Worst Drinks' - May 30, 2010
- 2000 Calorie Milk Shake- One Of The Worst Drinks In America - May 30, 2010
- "Cold Stone PB & C" Has More Than 2000 Calories, Rated To Be The Most Worst Drink Of America - May 30, 2010
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Free statins with fast food could neutralize heart risk - Aug 13, 2010
- Man orders whopper with 1000 slices of cheese - Jul 16, 2012
- Sausage, lamb chops, ice-cream on Obama-Cameron menu - May 26, 2011
- Five burgers a week ups cancer risk - Feb 21, 2011
- Brit restaurant offers meat feast that contains over 5,000 calories - Feb 23, 2011
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- Dream discovery: eat 'healthy' junk food - Aug 19, 2010
- Protein-rich breakfast wards off overeating - May 20, 2011
Tags: 1lb, beef patties, bit of fun, blood vessel, burger bar, chicken breasts, coleslaw, daily mail, deputy manager, jan 28, large portion, lindop, london jan, milkshake, onion rings, potato waffles, rashers, telford shropshire, uk london, wall of fame