Now a 7-inch tablet for Rs.5,399!April 24th, 2012 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 24 (IANS) Giving competition to the government’s Aakash tablet, Telmoco Development Labs Pvt. has come out with a Tablet PC - Attitude Daksha - a 7-inch tablet variant for Rs.5,399 inclusive of all taxes.
Attitude Daksha, touted as the most powerful 7-inch tablet computer for students and professionals, was launched here Tuesday.
Technopark Technology Business Incubator (T-TBIC) incubated Telmoco plans to compete in the low-cost tablet PC market where the government-launched Aakash tablet is prominent.
Daksha features Capacitive 5 point touch screen with 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor with 512 MB DDR3 RAM. It has a HDMI port, Micro SD slot, 3.5 mm audio out, Micro USB port and having OTG connector for 3G Dongle and RJ 45lAN cable.
Daksha is capable of 1080p full HD video streaming and has dedicated 400 MHzGPU for advanced flash Apps, Interactive Apps and full HD videos. Daksha is powered by 3,800 mAh li-Pol battery which gives a back up of over 6 hours with WiFi on.
“Even though the Indian media tablets market witnessed high decibel launches by the world’s leading vendors, the Tablet PC market in India is a niche market that is quickly picking up the pace in terms of adoption,” said C.R. Nijesh, chairman and executive director, Telmoco at the launch.
Telmoco Development labs Pvt ltd is a company initiated in electronics research and mobile technologies.
Attitude Daksha is initially set off to launch at schools, professional institutions, and corporate houses and will be available in the market from May 15. It can be ordered online from Telmoco website.
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- Reliance Communications launches 3G tablet - Aug 09, 2011
- Toys 'R' Us to launch Tabeo tablet for kids - Sep 10, 2012
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Taiwanese computer firm to launch low cost tablets in India - Aug 04, 2011
- Playbook Tablet Unveiled By The Makers Of Blackberry - Sep 28, 2010
- iberry to launch low cost 3G tablet in July - Jun 27, 2012
- Blackberry unveils Playbook Tablet - Sep 28, 2010
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India - Feb 23, 2012
- BlackBerry stock slips as tablet gets lukewarm response - Apr 20, 2011
- BlackBerry tablet called 'half baked' product - Apr 15, 2011
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- BlackBerry signs Indian-led company for tablet apps - Mar 31, 2011
- Amazon introduces new Kindle e-reader, HD tablet - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: aakash, corporate houses, cortex, ddr3 ram, decibel, development labs, dongle, electronics research, hdmi, interactive apps, launch, mobile technologies, niche market, professional institutions, pvt ltd, tablet computer, technology business incubator, technopark, touch screen, usb port