Not paid salary for 2 months in UAE? May apply for new jobSeptember 18th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 18 (IANS) Expatriate workers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), who do not receive salaries for two months, can now change their jobs without applying for a no objection certificate (NOC).A decision to this effect has been taken by the UAE’s Minister of Labour Saqer Saeed Ghobash, the Gulf News reported.
Earlier, an employee could apply for a change in sponsorship without an NOC only if he did not receive salaries for three months.
According to the new law, the new sponsor will have to apply to the ministry to have the worker transferred to its rolls.
The worker, on his part, also has to submit a report to the inspection department of the ministry supporting his claim of not having received salaries.
Another decision taken allowed for heads of various departments in the ministry to lift the one-year ban imposed on expatriate workers and issue fresh work permits to them. Earlier, only the minister and the director general in the ministry had this authority.
However, this ban can be lifted only at the consent of the employer who the worker had left without consent, the report said.
- UAE relaxes norms allowing expats to start own business - Sep 18, 2008
- India, UAE sign manpower agreement - Sep 13, 2011
- UAE, Britain explore cooperation - May 26, 2012
- UAE offers reprieve for foreign workers with six-month visa ban - Dec 28, 2010
- Indians free to seek jobs in Libya - Nov 03, 2010
- UAE minister calls for reducing cost of labour mobility - May 22, 2011
- Less duty hours for Abu Dhabi workers during Ramadan - Aug 10, 2010
- UAE asks workers to complain if salary not paid - May 13, 2011
- Decide soon on woman's liver transplant plea, court asks government - Jun 15, 2012
- 78 Indian workers left high and dry in Saudi Arabia - Jul 04, 2012
- Sports ministry hits back at IOC on tenure, age limit - May 12, 2010
- Sports Ministry hits back at IOC on tenure issue (Lead) - May 12, 2010
- Decision Monday on Sahara-BCCI dispute - Feb 12, 2012
- UAE to observe Prophet Mohammad's birthday Feb 4 - Jan 30, 2012
- 2.64 lakh South Asians lose jobs in Gulf: Survey - Dec 21, 2009