Not offended for not being invited to wedding: BlairApril 29th, 2011 - 1:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) Former prime minister Tony Blair has said that he was not offended at not being invited to Friday’s wedding of Prince William with Kate Middleton.
He and Gordon Brown were left out of the royal wedding guest list.
Daily Telegraph reported Friday that Thatcher and John Major, the former Conservative premiers, were both invited.
The palace said there was no obligation to invite Blair or Brown.
Labour MPs have said that when the Prince of Wales married Diana Spencer in 1981, all surviving former prime ministers were invited.
Blair told a Colombian television station that it was “completely sensible” for the wedding to be attended by people from all parts of society.
“I’m delighted for the royal couple,” Blair was quoted as saying.
“It is completely sensible to invite people from different walks of life instead of politicians.”
When asked whether he was offended, he said: “Absolutely not at all. It’s not an issue and I wish them every happiness.”
- Prince William behind Tony Blair wedding snub due to personal hatred? - Apr 29, 2011
- 2 billion to tune in to watch the royal wedding - Apr 07, 2011
- Blair, Brown not invited to Wills-Kat wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- German mag condemns 'over-hyped' Wills-Kat wedding, calls it a 'joke' - Apr 29, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- Flashback of royal family before William-Kate wedding - Apr 23, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton Flashes Her Engagement Ring, Parents Congratulate Them - Nov 17, 2010
- Kate Middleton to arrive at wedding venue in car damaged by protests - Mar 22, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton 'wedding in July next year' claim dismissed - Aug 20, 2010
- $25,000: Australia's official gift for William-Kate wedding - Apr 18, 2011
- Earl Spencer 'to give moving speech about Diana at Royal wedding' - Nov 26, 2010
- Kate Middleton's pre-wedding diet revealed - bags of sweets! - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,