Norwegian killer mulls autobiographyAugust 22nd, 2012 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
Oslo, Aug 22 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik is planning to write an autobiography, in which he would talk about at least two Norwegian organisations to which he belonged.
In July 2011, Breivik bombed government buildings in Oslo, which killed eight people, and also opened fire at a youth camp of the ruling Labour party on Utoeya island, killing 69.
This week, five judges at the Oslo district court will announce whether they consider the 33-year-old legally responsible for his crimes.
Breivik’s defence lawyer Tur Yordet told the Norwegian Verdens Gang newspaper: “He said he wanted to write something about the Norwegian cells, but has not quite decided to disclose what exactly he plans to write about.”
Breivik wrote from his prison cell earlier that he has plans for three books — one on his attacks in July last year, another on the ideology behind them and a third on how he envisions the future.
“He says he’s working on an autobiography. In it, he is going to tell a lot more than he already told the police,” his attorney said.
In court, Breivik claimed to be part of a militant anti-Islamist network founded in London in 2002 called Knights Templar.
He also claimed that he went to Liberia and London in 2002 to meet three other “militant nationalists” to form the network, which borrowed the methodology of Al Qaeda.
Breivik said he intends to say more about those trips in his books.
- Norway killer refuses to disclose militant contacts - Apr 19, 2012
- Norway gunman claims to be sane - Apr 05, 2012
- Norway killer Breivik revisits site of shooting rampage - Aug 15, 2011
- Norwegian killer posted manifesto, video before attacks - Jul 24, 2011
- Norway killer's friends viewed him as gay - May 29, 2012
- Norway's mass killer faces court hearing - Jul 25, 2011
- Norway police chief resigns over Breivik attack - Aug 17, 2012
- Breivik's copycat held in Czech Republic - Aug 19, 2012
- Norway to build separate psychiatric ward for Breivik - Jun 29, 2012
- Suspect confesses to Norwegian camp mass killing - Jul 24, 2011
- Norway killer's German lover deported - Apr 20, 2012
- Police hunt for man who compares himself to Norway attacker - Jul 27, 2011
- Norway attacker took paramilitary training in Belarus - Jul 28, 2011
- Go to hell: Man tells Norway killer at trial - May 11, 2012
- It was gruesome but necessary, says Norway attacker - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, autobiography, behring, cells, crimes, defence lawyer, dg, government buildings, knights, labour party, liberia, mass murderer, methodology, nationalists, organisations, oslo, prison cell, ria novosti, three books, verdens gang newspaper