Norway killer’s friends viewed him as gayMay 29th, 2012 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Friends of self-confessed Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik believed he was a recluse or homosexual, the Norwegian media reported Tuesday.
Two of Breivik’s friends gave evidence at the Oslo court Tuesday, saying Breivik was obsessed with how he looked.
One of the friends said he thought Breivik was depressed or was a closet homosexual after he moved back in with his mother in 2006. He became interested in computer games and refused to socialise with friends, media reported.
“I think they had a more friendly relationship than a mother and son normally have,” one of the witnesses said.
Breivik, 33, has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth summer camp on Utoeya Island, Norway and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011. But he pleaded innocent to terror charges, saying he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
The key issue that is due to be resolved during the 10-week trial against Breivik, which began April 16, is his mental state.
The gunman will spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric hospital if recognised as mentally-ill. If the court founds him sane, Breivik will receive a maximum of 21 years in prison.
The 33-year-old Norwegian insists he is mentally healthy, saying that he would do “anything to prevent” committal to a psychiatric hospital.
- Norway to build separate psychiatric ward for Breivik - Jun 29, 2012
- Norway police chief resigns over Breivik attack - Aug 17, 2012
- Go to hell: Man tells Norway killer at trial - May 11, 2012
- Norway gunman claims to be sane - Apr 05, 2012
- Norway killer's dad wants to publish book about son - Aug 02, 2012
- Court declares Norway killer sane - Apr 10, 2012
- Norway killer officially charged with terrorism - Mar 08, 2012
- Norway mass killer says acted in defence of nation - Apr 16, 2012
- Norwegian killer mulls autobiography - Aug 22, 2012
- Norwegian killer sentenced to 21 years in prison - Aug 24, 2012
- Norway remembers Oslo, Utoeya victims - Jul 22, 2012
- Prosecutors want Norway killer be ruled insane - Jun 22, 2012
- Norway killer terms insanity report as lie - Apr 25, 2012
- Norwegian mass killer sentenced to 21 years in jail (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Norway killer Breivik revisits site of shooting rampage - Aug 15, 2011
Tags: bomb attack, computer games, friendly relationship, gay moscow, gunman, immigration, mass killer, mother and son, multiculturalism, norway, norwegian media, old norwegian, oslo, psychiatric hospital, ria novosti, terror charges, vm, youth summer camp