Norway killer asks court for immediate releaseFebruary 7th, 2012 - 6:32 am ICT by IANS
Oslo, Feb 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Anders Breivik, the Norwegian extremist who killed 77 people in twin attacks in July last year, has asked an Oslo court to release him immediately.
“I do not accept imprisonment. I demand to be immediately released,” the mass murderer told the Oslo district court Monday in his last detention hearing before his trial.
Breivik is accused of a bomb attack in Oslo followed by a shooting rampage on nearby Utoya island. Eight people were killed in the bombing while 69 young people were killed on Utoya.
He told the court the massacre was a “preventive attack against state traitors”.
About 100 survivors as well as relatives of the victims of the July 22 massacre attended the hearing in Oslo.
Breivik’s trial begins in April.
Unlike the previous public hearing, the killer Monday agreed to let himself be photographed before the proceedings began.
- Norway mass killer says acted in defence of nation - Apr 16, 2012
- Norway killer's German lover deported - Apr 20, 2012
- Breivik's copycat held in Czech Republic - Aug 19, 2012
- Police guard from massacred Utoya camp missing - Jul 25, 2011
- Norway failed to act on Breivik 'explosives' report - Jul 26, 2011
- Police hunt for man who compares himself to Norway attacker - Jul 27, 2011
- Norway killer says he learned from Al Qaeda - Apr 21, 2012
- Suspect confesses to Norwegian camp mass killing - Jul 24, 2011
- Norway terror suspect is not insane, says judge - Nov 15, 2011
- Norway mass killer to escape trial - Nov 29, 2011
- Police release six suspects in Oslo bombing - Jul 25, 2011
- Norway killer officially charged with terrorism - Mar 08, 2012
- Norway killer's dad wants to publish book about son - Aug 02, 2012
- Norwegian killer sentenced to 21 years in prison - Aug 24, 2012
- Norwegian killer mulls autobiography - Aug 22, 2012