Norway attacker filmed his victims: Police

August 11th, 2011 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS  

London, Aug 11 (IANS) Anders Behring Breivik, the lone man arrested in the twin terror attacks in Oslo, may have filmed his massacre of 69 people on Utoya island, Norwegian police have said.

Oslo police lawyer Christian Hatlo said Breivik made references to having filmed the entire 72-minute killing spree, Sky News reported.

“We have information from his manifesto and from earlier interrogations indicating that he did have a camera,” Hatlo said.

Evidence at Breivik’s home suggested he had a camera and had intended to film the attacks.

Though police have not found a camera so far, they did not rule out the possibility the video may still be on Utoya and are continuing to search for that.

Hundreds of computers, cameras and phones have been found on the island. But the island had more than 600 people at the time of the attack, and police said it was a huge amount of material to trawl through.

Breivik wrote in his manifesto plans to film the attacks. He said he would send the films to between 10 and 12 media houses.

“Unfortunately, the upload and submission via e-mail could take at least three to seven hours, so it is not an option because of technological limitations,” he wrote.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World |

Subscribe