Northwestern University defends live sex demo on campusMarch 3rd, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 3 (ANI): The Northwestern University has defended its professor’s decision to hold a controversial after-class live sex show on campus as part of his lecture.
According to Chicago Sun-Times, more than 100 students watched the live show - which involved a naked 25-year-old woman, her 45-year-old fiance, and a sex toy - as part of a course called ‘Human Sexuality’, reports the Courier Mail.
Four members of Chicago’s fetish community were invited to speak and answer questions about ‘bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism’, but were then asked to demonstrate their sexual behaviour, also known as BDSM.
Faith Kroll said she initially thought she would only be answering students’ questions about sex before she and partner Jim Marcus, 45, joined the presentation on February 21.
Prof John Michael Bailey said the students’ reaction was ‘uniformly positive’ and he hesitated “briefly” before allowing the sexual act.
“My decision to say ‘yes’ reflected my inability to come up with a legitimate reason why students should not be able to watch such a demonstration,” he said.
“I certainly have no regrets concerning Northwestern students, who have demonstrated that they are open-minded grown-ups rather than fragile children,” he added.
The professor had reportedly warned attendees several times about what was about to happen.
The university has backed Bailey and said students were not obliged to attend the session to be graded.
A spokesman added that no complaint had been filed with the police.
“The university supports the efforts of its faculty to further the advancement of knowledge,” said Alan K. Cubbage, the vice president for university relations. (ANI)
- US students 'watch woman being pleasured by sex toy as part of class' - Mar 04, 2011
- US prof apologizes for after-class sex toy demonstration - Mar 06, 2011
- My interest in sado-masochism began at age 3 or 4, says ex F1 boss - Feb 06, 2011
- US couple charged for holding woman as sex slave - Oct 25, 2010
- Boys' impulsiveness linked to better math ability - Jul 29, 2012
- Chinese students fight for access to sex education - Sep 15, 2010
- Thousands of British kids vulnerable to sex abuse - Jul 03, 2012
- Former Oz principal jailed for sex attack on student - again - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Strange Sex' will explore medical abnormalities, unusual fetishes - Apr 02, 2011
- Having oral sex 'ups likelihood of intercourse among teens' - Nov 02, 2010
- Chinese college students unaware about safe sex - Oct 30, 2010
- Men love thinking about sex the most, women about food - Dec 01, 2011
- Suspect arrested while trying to copy the Craigslist killer - Oct 03, 2011
- Woman jailed for 10yrs for having sex with daughter's pals - Jan 25, 2011
- First time sex boosts self image for men, not women - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: bondage discipline, chicago sun times, courier mail, fetish community, fragile children, grown ups, human sexuality, jim marcus, kroll, legitimate reason, live sex show, michael bailey, northwestern students, partner jim, prof john, sadism and masochism, sex demo, sexual act, sexual behaviour, students questions