North warns South Korea not to ponder over “catastrophic consequences”December 5th, 2010 - 5:10 pm ICT by ANI
Pyongyang, Dec 5 (ANI): North Korea has reportedly urged South Korea to “stop acting rashly and ponder over the catastrophic consequences.”
According to news.com.au, the warning was sent in a statement through the official KCNA news agency.
The KCNA reported that following the exchange of artillery fire between the DPRK and South Korea on November 23 and last week’s U.S.-South Korean naval drills, Seoul is planning large-scale combined naval manoeuvres with the U.S. Seventh Fleet.
South Korea would also stage firing exercises at 29 places including Taechong Island, one of the five islands very close to the DPRK territory, the KCNA said.
All the South Korean moves are aiming at making military provocations against the DPRK and implementing its so-called “retaliatory plan,” the statement said.
The provocations are rapidly driving the situation on the Korean Peninsula to “an uncontrollable extreme phase,” and no one can predict to what extent the situation will deteriorate in the future, it warned.
The statement also warned that although the DPRK is now maintaining “maximum self-possession and self-control, if an all-out war breaks out between the two sides, it would seriously affect peace and security not only on the Korean Peninsula, but also in the rest of the region. (ANI)
- North Korea warns Seoul over military drill - Feb 19, 2012
- Pyongyang condemns South Korea-US military drill - Aug 19, 2012
- N. Korea accuses US of goading S. Korea into provocation - Dec 19, 2010
- 'US-ROK attacks against North Korea will bring them self-destruction' - Dec 12, 2010
- US-S.Korea defence drills 'serious provocations and "rude challenges': North Korea - Jul 27, 2010
- North Korea warns of all-out war, even as China urges calm - May 21, 2010
- North Korea to probe truth behind "Cheonan" warship case - Jul 31, 2010
- North Korea says South's "childish play with fire not worth responding to" - Dec 21, 2010
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012
- N. Korea says shelling incident caused by S. Korean provocation - Dec 09, 2010
- North Korea threatens war over US-South Korea drills - Feb 25, 2012
- Seoul hopes tensions between Koreas will ease - Jan 02, 2012
- S.Korea says will continue live-fire drill off coast next week - Dec 12, 2010
- Pyongyang protests US-South Korea military drill - Mar 04, 2012
- North Korea warns of nuclear response to military drills - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: all out war, artillery fire, catastrophic consequences, dprk, exercises, five islands, kcna, korean peninsula, manoeuvres, news agency, news com au, north korea, possession, provocations, pyongyang, s south, self control, seoul, seventh fleet, south korea