North Korean leader gobbles live fish with gustoJune 3rd, 2009 - 1:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 3 (ANI): North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has been revealed to have a passion for live fish, which he devours with gusto morning, noon and night.
The 68-year-old tyrant is said to wash them down with fine French wines and brandies, even though two million of his subjects have died of starvation already.
“He particularly enjoyed raw fish so fresh that he could start eating as its mouth is still gasping and the tail is still thrashing,” the Sun quoted pint-sized Jong-il’s former chef Kenji Fujimoto as saying.
“I sliced the fish so as not to puncture any of the vital organs, so of course it was still moving. Kim Jong-il was delighted. He would eat with gusto,” Fujimoto added.
After Fujimoto fled the secretive communist state, which last month carried out a provocative nuclear test, he revealed that Jong-il would complete his “pleasure parties” by ordering women to dance naked to “American dance music” with his aides.
The 56-year-old chef, who is now hiding in Japan, adds in his book I Was Kim Jong-il’s Cook: “Kim Jong-il liked to watch.” (ANI)
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- Book reveals key traits of North Korean heir - Jun 03, 2009
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- Kim Jong-il to be embalmed - Jan 12, 2012
- Kim Jong-il unanimously reappointed North Korean leader - Sep 28, 2010
- Don't expect us to change, North Korea tells world - Dec 30, 2011
- Kim Jong-un's mystery woman revealed: Hyon Song-wol - Jul 11, 2012
- North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un is married (Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 25, 2012
- South Koreans send anti-regime leaflets to North in balloons - Dec 22, 2011
- Kim's death rocks South Korea's financial market - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- North Korea mourns Kim Jong-il - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: aides, american dance music, brandies, communist state, fine french wines, gusto, japan, kenji fujimoto, kim jong il, korean leader, morning noon and night, north korean leader kim jong il, nuclear test, passion, pleasure parties, raw fish, starvation, two million, tyrant, vital organs