North Korean army chief removed (Lead)July 16th, 2012 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Pyongyang, July 16 (IANS) North Korea’s army chief, Vice Marshal Ri Yong Ho, has been relieved of his post due to his illness, Xinhua reported Monday, citing the official KCNA news agency.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the political bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) held Sunday, KCNA added.
The meeting decided to relieve Ri of all his posts including member of the presidium of the political bureau, member of the political Bureau of the WPK central committee and vice chairman of the central military commission of the WPK for his illness, the KCNA said.
Present at the meeting were “members of the presidium of the political bureau and members and alternate members of the Political Bureau of the WPK Central Committee”, the KCNA added.
- North Korea confirms mystery woman is leader's wife - Jul 26, 2012
- North Korea mourns Kim Jong-il - Dec 29, 2011
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un gets new party post - Apr 12, 2012
- Kim Jong Un appointed North Korea's top military commander - Jan 01, 2012
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- 'China ready to work with new North Korean leadership to promote bilateral ties' - Oct 02, 2010
- North Korea's top leader Kim Jong-il is dead (Second Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies of heart attack - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-un elected chairman of National Defence Commission - Apr 13, 2012
- North Korea marks army's 80th anniversary - Apr 25, 2012
- North Korea to invite foreign experts for satellite launch - Mar 18, 2012
- North Korea holds military parade - Apr 15, 2012
- Kim Jong-il likely to announce youngest son as political heir on September 28 - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: alternate members, army chief, bureau member, central committee, central military commission, kcna, marshal, news agency, north korea, north korean army, presidium, pyongyang, vice chairman, workers party, wpk, xinhua