North Korea strongman Kim Jong-il admits to fatigueApril 18th, 2009 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
Seoul, Apr.18 (ANI): Reclusive North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has confessed that he feels fatigue from his tough schedule, the communist state’s official media said on Friday.
“A man is not made of iron and must take care of his own body. But I have no time to do so,” the ruling party newspaper Rodong Sinmun quoted Kim, long regarded as the country’s benefactor, as saying.
Kim, 67, is widely believed to have suffered a stroke last August.
South Korean officials have said that he made a good recovery, but the once-portly leader appears gaunt and much older and thinner in recent photos.
Nevertheless, according to The Telegraph, he has more than tripled his public appearances this year.
“Why wouldn’t I be tired and need more sleep? Even though I’m tired, I endure it. What drives me to keep going despite the fatigue and distress? Because I deeply feel responsible for the fate of our homeland, our people.” State media quoted him, as saying.
The Rodong Sinmun depicted him as tough but tender in a report two days after the North’s April 5 rocket launch. (ANI)
- North Korea girl dies saving Kim portraits - Jun 28, 2012
- Seoul hopes tensions between Koreas will ease - Jan 02, 2012
- North Korean succession is stable: South Korea, US - Dec 30, 2011
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader 'having affair with married singer' - Jul 11, 2012
- China denies sending troops to North Korea - Dec 28, 2011
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- Kim Jong-il to be embalmed - Jan 12, 2012
- North Korean ruling party members convene for rare meeting - Sep 06, 2010
- China formally invites N. Korea heir for a visit - Mar 05, 2011
- North Korea confirms Kim Jong-un is married (Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 25, 2012
- South Korea's former first lady in Pyongyang for condolences - Dec 26, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il's youngest son 'made military general' - Sep 28, 2010
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: benefactor, communist state, fate, fatigue, kim jong il, korean leader, north korea, north korean leader kim jong il, photos, public appearances, rocket launch, ruling party, seoul, sleep, south korean officials, strongman, telegraph