North Korea says South’s “childish play with fire not worth responding to”December 21st, 2010 - 3:33 pm ICT by ANI
Pyongyang (North Korea), Dec 21(ANI): North Korea has said that it “was not worth reacting” to the latest “military provocation” by South Korea.
Air raid bunkers in Yeonpyeong shook during the live-fire artillery exercise, which went on for just over 90 minutes, but the North Korean guns that had shelled the island after a similar drill last month stayed silent.
According to the China Daily, North’s Korean People’s Army Supreme Command later dismissed the drills as a “childish play with fire”.
“The revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK did not feel any need to retaliate against every despicable military provocation,” the command said in a statement.
“We felt it was not worth reacting one-by-one to military provocations,” it added.
The live-fire exercises came nearly a month after North Korea responded to earlier manoeuvres by shelling Yeonpyeong island, killing two marines and two civilians in its first attack targeting civilian areas since the 1950-53 Korean War. (ANI)
- India, France urge Korea to comply with UNSC and IAEA BoG resolutions - Dec 06, 2010
- S.Korea says will continue live-fire drill off coast next week - Dec 12, 2010
- North Korea threatens war over US-South Korea drills - Feb 25, 2012
- S. Korea starts naval firing drills amid rising tension with North - Dec 06, 2010
- Third US aircraft carrier during naval drill to up Korean Peninsula crisis: Analyst - Dec 27, 2010
- S. Korea hold new massive army, air force drills in show of force against N. Korea - Dec 23, 2010
- 'N. Korea warns of less restraint to S. Korea's military drills' - Dec 28, 2010
- North and South Korea exchange fire - Aug 10, 2011
- Pyongyang condemns South Korea-US military drill - Aug 19, 2012
- North warns South Korea not to ponder over "catastrophic consequences" - Dec 05, 2010
- Kim's son behind attack on South Korea to 'mobilise military and consolidate his power' - Nov 24, 2010
- S. Korean defence minister resigns over slow response to N. Korean shelling of island - Nov 26, 2010
- N. Korea says shelling incident caused by S. Korean provocation - Dec 09, 2010
- South Korea, US launch joint military exercise - Feb 27, 2012
- Report: South Korea begins live-fire drill near border with North - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: air raid, armed forces, bunkers, china daily, civilian areas, civilians, dprk, fire artillery, fire exercises, korea air, korean people, korean war, marines, north korea, play with fire, provocation, provocations, pyongyang north korea, south korea, Supreme Command