North America’s first Telugu meet to be held in HoustonMay 17th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, May 17 (IANS) India’s Telugu culture will be at grand display in the US during the first North American Telugu Association (NATA) convention to be organised in the Houston city of Texas state June 29-July 1, 2012.
The cultural meet will be held in downtown Houston at George R. Brown Convention Centre, which is spread over two million square feet area and is also celebrating its silver jubilee this year.
On this occasion, the convention centre, offering “southern hospitality with a cosmopolitan twist”, will be decorated with a Telugu touch in a bid to take the visitors back to their roots just as they step in, said a release.
Over 130 individual vendors will set up their stalls during the convention in the centre’s huge exhibition hall. The scrumptious Telugu food will be cooked on site in the state of the art kitchen and served fresh in two huge dining rooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Two cultural stages will showcase talent from India and the US with well over 100 cultural items, literary events and a grand concert by three music directors.
With 100 meeting rooms under the roof, there will be something going on to meet every attendee’s taste, may that be business, women’s interests, medical, youth, spiritual, sports, literary or any other events related to Telugu.
- 'Kitchens becoming style statement in South Asian homes' - May 14, 2012
- Dragon*Con 2010 sets world record for biggest gathering of people in Star Trek costumes - Sep 13, 2010
- Apple in toffee syrup or marshmallows? Take your Easter pick - Apr 05, 2012
- KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Kashmir to have first ever international literary fest - Apr 16, 2012
- 'Psycho' star Janet Leigh's home on sale for $4.5m - Apr 15, 2011
- Obamas call on President Patil - Nov 08, 2010
- Indian, Chinese and Canadian businesses, govt. to atend Cleantech Forum in Toronto - Mar 21, 2011
- India on World Heritage Committee for 4 years - Nov 11, 2011
- Truck-train collision injures 15 in US - Oct 05, 2011
- Sand China gets bigger with Sands Cotai Central - Apr 12, 2012
- US Muslims Celebrate Eid Amidst Shadows of 9/11 - Sep 12, 2010
- Steven Spielberg to debut in Comic-Con event - Jul 15, 2011
- Jaipur hosts Asia's biggest literary festival - Jan 21, 2010
- Cook-and-eat agitation in Hyderabad for Telangana state (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,